Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's, Inc. works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing, production and product development for innovative and performance-driven products
in the men’s and women’s grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers and creating optimal supply chains to advance both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and retail channels we’ve partnered with across North America and Europe.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to visit suppliers from around the globe and own strategic sourcing, supplier relationships and production strategy. Specifically, as a member of our Hard products team, you will own the end-to-end supply chain for specific verticals while driving strategy as we scale our business.
You will work cross-functionally with teams in New York, UK and China – including Marketing, R&D, Quality, Engineering, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance and other functions to sustain programs, lead product launches and set optimal supply chains that allow our brands to flourish.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Packaging Sourcing team at Harry’s, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining operations programs, mitigating risk, ensuring supply and driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programs from start to finish, including RFQs, to include the supplier selection strategy for raw material, components, and assembly
- Set the global supplier strategy of your category to support the company’s extensive portfolio expansion and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present metrics, recommendations and operational considerations to the senior team to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Lead global negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives; including cost, capacity, contracts, escalation, etc.
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain or related field
- 4-6 years of professional experience in an analytical, data-driven supply chain role, preferably with a background in operations
- Deep exposure to the development and mass production of products at a significant scale; preferably global
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal). Values relationships and cross-functional teamwork.
- Ability to rapidly learn shave technologies and tooling processes; technical expertise not required but your curiosity drives you to know more
- Ability to collaborate effectively to drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to prioritize in a high paced demanding (but fun) environment
- Strong negotiator who understands multiple techniques and practices
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You are open to travel to meet with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from it
- You make decisions that put the customer first
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Senior Manager of Global Sourcing, Packaging
- Working on the Global Sourcing team, including Soft Products, Packaging, ISM, and Indirect Spend
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Strategy, R&D, Quality, Engineering, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance
- External partners (component suppliers, packaging suppliers, raw material suppliers and contract manufacturers)
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.