Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. The team is the central nervous system of the organization -- we make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights from the factory floor in Germany, across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a Senior Data Analyst who uses analytics to generate and deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths, and enable smart decision-making across our Amazon and Retail sales channels. In this role specifically, you will be responsible for building out core capabilities around testing, measurement and omnichannel reporting for these channels. You will also support select, high-impact special projects that (1) optimize how we show up on the shelf in-store, (2) maximize return on marketing and trade spend, and (3) understand the whats, whys, and so whats of the competitive retail landscape.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both strong business acumen as well as excellent technical skills. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business, including our CEO.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Develop testing and measurement capabilities to measure the ROI of our marketing spend for Retail.com and Amazon, and also compare that to the ROI on DTC. This will be used to inform decisions on where to allocate strategic spend, thereby allowing us to scale our marketing more effectively and efficiently
- Stand-up flywheel reporting to understand how Retail.com, Amazon, and DTC are interacting with one another and the possible cannibalization effects of each channel. These insights will drive our overall omnichannel e-commerce and brick & mortar channel strategy.
- Deliver deep analysis and tracking on Amazon’s Subscribe-and-Save program, including standing up subscription tracking, supporting testing and iteration to optimize bundle promotions and cannibalization analysis to measure impact on DTC and Retail channels
- Build and execute matched market tests to understand the impact on Harry’s and retailer revenue from various in-store marketing activities
- Measure how a retail campaign created incremental revenue and profit across DTC, Retail, and other third party channels
- Help define how we measure and report out on performance on e-commerce across key KPIs, set up dashboarding capability and regularly track and share the overall performance of the business to drive strategic planning
- Stand up basic data pipelines to integrate and mine Amazon and Retailer.com data sources
- Identify analytics pain points and inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Be a data-evangelist across the organization, sharing best practices and insights with cross-functional teams
Background and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst, or a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL, Python, or R to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau.
- Math Wizardry - You love to geek out on numbers; you have a hunger to apply (or learn how to apply) statistical concepts and optimization models.
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence.
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach.
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution.
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven.
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Harry’s Analytics
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts on the team, and the data engineers that support our infrastructure
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Retail and Amazon team leadership, as well as our US Personal Care (PC) leadership team
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your Hiring Manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
#LI-AB1 #LI-Remote #BI-Remote