About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. We make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions, faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer. The team also coordinates closely with our IT, Finance, and Distribution teams to understand the trends from data in our enterprise systems.
About the Role
As the Senior Enablement/Business Insights Analyst you will help build and drive company-wide reporting. You will be responsible for building, designing and reporting KPIs that span across functions from retail distribution (e.g. fulfillment rates) to the website's customer acquisition. You will flex your analytical skills by diving into data sets in search of more insights. You will have a host of tools at your disposal, including our AWS cloud stack, Ascend.io and Fivetran to gather the data paired with Looker to bring insights into action.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Own reporting of KPIs across the business (Supply Chain Health, Market share across retailers and Acquisition metrics like CPA,LTV)
- Plan, design and implement reports that highlight key performance indicators of new or rapidly iterating processes (e.g. launching in new markets or new brands!)
- You will develop an understanding of our P&L, and how our data translates to reporting, to allow you to improve our business with data
- Leverage our BI tool Looker to build, maintain and own dashboards that empower the business to interpret and act quickly. (e.g. Track inventory issues across retailers and build actionable alerting.)
- Build reporting from start to finish. Hands on!
- Explore new data and define and build business cases (e.g. digital sales on platforms like Amazon and Walmart)
- Use our cloud ETL tool Ascend.io or Fivetran to bring in new data sources
- Sling python, pyspark and SQL to transform and model the data
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to bring reporting to life
- Work closely with Product, Retail, Distribution and Analytics to identify and solve data pain points
- Gain a strong understanding of their data problems and use our Analytics tool kit to find a solution (What data do we need, how can we get it and how can we automate reporting?)
These might describe you:
- 3+ years of experience working with large data sets answering complex questions using SQL/Python/R (also open to individuals who have worked with other analytical programs and are inclined to learn new analytical tools fast)
- Experience with front end visualization/analytic tools, including Looker,Tableau,Mode, etc.
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and you know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely. You proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity
- Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with people to figure out how analytics can solve their problems. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business need and to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Creative Problem Solver – Analytics means finding creative ways to answer vague problems. You should be able to find creative ways to solve problems within the constraints of our reporting platform
- Tactical – You can plan and execute projects by identifying and dismantling potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you want to work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s team, and your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify and solve the most important problems
Who you will work with:
- You will work closely with our Analytics, Supply Chain,Retail, and Digital Product teams along with other cross-functional partners ranging across most parts of our business.
- You'll report to the Manager of Analytics Enablement/Business Insights
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.