About the team
The Global Distribution & Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders and customers. We are an integral part of the global supply chain, that seeks to improve its efficiency, cost, speed and flow of it’s supply functions.
About the role
The Director, NA Distribution is responsible for continued optimization and performance of our North American distribution network. This is a truly omni channel environment, consisting of retail, private label,Amazon and DTC fulfillment. The team is split into three distinct areas consisting of Customer Operations, Direct to Consumer and Warehousing Operations, and Systems and Analytics.
What you’ll do
- Iterate on and optimize our omni-channel North American distribution network, staying ahead of our growing business and customer needs.
- Ensure our 3PL’s are adhering to Harry’s Global Distribution Leadership standards and are constantly working to improve their performance.
- Drive continuous improvement activities that look at the end to end supply chain holistically.
- Work hand in hand with our customers to establish joint opportunities for cost, service, speed, and quality improvements.
- Implement scalable tools, systems, and processes to support a high performing distribution network.
- Drive continued development and capability building within the NA Distribution Team.
- Develop operating plans and budgets that support the overarching company goals
- Work with our internal DTC, retail, and customer experience teams to make distribution a competitive advantage
- Find creative ways to continually get closer to the customer. Anticipating changes in customer behavior and then delivering best in class solutions to address those needs.
- Manage by exception, promoting a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Ensure we have the right technology to scale and manage our operations efficiallenty. Evaluate build vs. buy decision.
- Optimize DTC fulfillment end to end, ensuring our services levels meet the needs of our customers and business
This should describe you
- Outstanding communicator, able to influence at all levels
- Passionate about people development and understand that this is paramount for success
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization at H’s through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment and retention actions
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around
- You are customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers
- Process oriented. Whether you’re creating a process or following a process, you believe process is not a substitute for (but rather a conduit for) great communication
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in ERP, OMS, and WMS systems, implementation and optimization experience preferred
- Retail fulfillment operations experience a plus (Walmart, Target, Macy’s, etc)
- Lean experience a plus
- Understands that accuracy and detail orientation help drive success, and is willing to go deep
- Knows what good is and alway aims to go beyond that mark.
- Sense of humor
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Reporting to VP, Global Distribution & Logistics
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to Retail, Sourcing, Sales & Operations Planning, Finance, DTC, IT, Engineering, Customer Experience, R&D, and Quality
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.