About the role
We are looking for a thoughtful and dynamic marketer with a passion for building, implementing, and refining marketing initiatives with national impact to drive omni-channel growth. The role will support the brand team’s strategic communications priorities, including integrated marketing, go-to-market execution, and omni-channel measurement and testing.
This is by nature a high visibility role with lots of executive exposure, as Shave is our hero category for the Harry’s business in our biggest market. This role will drive recommendations to the GM on marketing and investment strategy, and will own planning and execution of highly effective, innovative digital and traditional media-led campaigns and activations. This role will also support cross-functional teams in planning and optimizing 360° activations to surround Brand-led initiatives.
We are seeking a marketer who is motivated by finding creative solutions to complex problems—a low-ego team player with exceptional project management skills, a knack for cross-functional relationship-building, a bias for action, and a no-task-too-small mindset. Ideally you have experience working with data, analytical tools (ie. IRI/Nielsen) and consumer insights, and have some experience working on integrated and/or digital-led campaigns.
This role is a unique opportunity to demonstrate strategic and independent thinking in order to have a significant impact on the real-time performance of the Harry’s Shave brand. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, enjoy our products, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What you will accomplish
- Develop a consistent and robust understanding of 1) the brands & businesses that are vying for our target consumer’s mindshare and wallet, 2) our target consumer’s mindset and motivations, and 3) our business across all the “P’s:” product, positioning, pack, promotion, place, and price.
- Shape and execute our 2022 integrated marketing plan across digital and traditional mass media channels by sourcing, analyzing, negotiating, and finalizing proposals from both external partners and internal cross-functional teams.
- Ensure continuity across the marketing funnel by acting as main point of contact for cross-functional teams and external partners, aiding the Creative Team in prioritizing and delivering campaign-specific creative asks as well as outlining best practices and needs across deliverables (e.g. key visuals, ad copy, claims, landing pages, etc.).
- Bring our major innovations to life by project managing launch asset development: understand other teams’ needs and interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate, lead status meetings and provide regular status reports, timelines, and delivery calendars, ensuring relevant stakeholders are apprised of any risks or issues.
- Lead regular updates on marketing initiative performance versus expectations and recommend optimizations.
- Meticulously manage the brand budget, track spend, manage invoices, and ensure vendors are updated.
This should describe you
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have 2+ years of experience in Marketing or adjacent fields, ideally with some experience in integrated marketing strategy, media planning, and/or project management.
- You’re extremely organized and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize, multi-task, and live in the details.
- You’re empathetic and collaborative, and draw energy from working with people of all different expertises.
- You’re a self-starter with a bias for action who always takes the initiative to explore.
- You’re confident enough to stand behind your opinions, but humble enough to disagree and commit when necessary.
- You’re endlessly curious and enjoy digging into the data to develop the ability to think deeply about consumers and what motivates them.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Jackie Morrogh, Shave Brand Manager
- Working on the Shave Brand Management Team
- You’ll work with Insights, Creative, Comms, Growth Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Retail, DTC, Engagement, Legal, R&D, Design, Sourcing, Analytics, and more.
About the team
The Harry’s Brand team is dedicated to building a men’s grooming brand that puts the customer at the core of everything we do: understanding the needs and motivations of our shoppers is critical to ensure what we’re building resonates powerfully with our target.
We are a highly strategic function and think through the implications of marketing activity across channels and surfaces with our consumer and brand goals in mind. We interface and communicate with multiple areas of the business including Growth Marketing, Engagement, Comms, Shopper Marketing, and Creative and Design (and many more).
At Harry's we're small but incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans for the future. Cracking the men’s grooming market is a big job, and we are looking for someone who is up for the challenge.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.