About the role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for scaling disruptive brands across multiple geographies. You will lead a talented team of 6 across multiple specialisms including brand strategy, brand management, integrated marketing campaigns, PR, Partnerships, social mission and more. You will oversee the full brand marketing mix working alongside senior leads in Insights, Innovation & Shopper marketing to bring Harry’s & Flamingo to life in a way that creates deep, long lasting connections with our consumers.
The right person for this role will be as passionate about supporting and leading their team as they are about growing brands. You will report into the Interim Senior Director of Brand, Intl and foster close relationships with the retail and DTC teams to deliver a sustainable growth strategy, which focuses on both the short and the long, for Harry’s and Flamingo.
What you will accomplish
- Team Management: coach, lead and nurture a talented BrandComms team (including 1x Senior PR & Partnerships Manager, 3x Brand Managers, 1x Senior Brand Exec, 1x Brand Co-ordinator). Maintain internal engagement scores, drive brand work to a consistently high quality, set a sustainable working pace, ensure each team member is achieving their individual development goals.
- Brand Strategy: continue to define Harry’s & Flamingo as culturally meaningful brands and compelling to our strategic consumer segments, measured through brand health metrics, insights and social listening.
- Planning: create and implement 2023 Intl Brand Plan that delivers against pre-defined key brand and commercial metrics and facilitates a meaningful innovation pipeline.
- IMC: drive efficiency and increase the impact of both our ATL brand campaigns & key moments (partnerships, social mission, key gifting seasons etc)
- Flawless implementation: sweat the small stuff! Ensure seamless delivery of brand projects across all touchpoints on time and within budget.
- Cross-functional partnerships: work collaboratively with the rest of the Intl Brand Team (Insights, Innovation & Shopper), Harry’s NY, UK Retail and UK DTC teams to provide/share insights and apply learnings to deliver effective creative outputs across all brands & geos
- INTL budget management: oversee total brand budget, facilitating live investment recommendations as we progress through the various brand plans, ensuring full funnel approach (efficiency and effectiveness) is maintained.
This should describe you
- People & x-functional Partner Manager: has managed a team of direct reports and has a strong track record of managing internal creatives & external agencies (creative, PR, influencer etc).
- Customer first: thinks from a customer perspective, can foster deep and actionable consumer insights and deeply understands our strategic segments.
- Brand Thinker: understands how to scale brands with a structured approach. Can fluently talk through brand positioning, segmentation & targeting. Knows their way around the marketing funnel. And crucially can convert strategic thinking into fully intergrated marketing plans (including PR) that deliver against those goals in a measurable way.
- Creative Problem Solver: a proven track record of using a variety of sources for creative output; from large budget to small, in-house to agency, owned to partnership.
- Owner: comfortable owning high impact projects (e.g. campaigns, launches etc) and relationships (e.g. agencies) start to finish with stellar results. Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally (writes a clear brief, delivers impactful presentations etc)
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Ben Dancer.
- Working on the Intl Brand Team
- Working closely with the US Brand Team, Intl Retail Team & Intl DTC Team.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.