About the Team
The Finance team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, supporting cross functional partners and presenting financial results to the wider business. The team plays a critical role in enabling the leadership team to make fast, data-driven, strategic decisions and ensuring that the business operates smoothly.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking an outstanding Finance Manager to join the International Finance team to oversee Central Operations in a fast paced, young, vibrant and rapidly growing business. This newly created role will join as the sixth member of the Finance team based in our London office, overseeing Inventory, Operations and Head Office spend for the International business. At Harry’s, Finance isn’t your typical month-end close type of team. While the day to day job is ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting information to the greater business, that’s only the start of what you’ll do. You’ll also work on various special projects, working closely with other functions across the business including Operations, Facilities, Legal, People as well as the wider global Finance team.
What you’ll accomplish
- Grow into the functional expert for Inventory, Operations and Head Office finances, becoming the key business partner for teams across the business
- Manage month end reporting tasks and present detailed financial information and analysis to the wider business
- Steering decision making and highlighting items to cross functional team leads to ensure the performance of the business is in line with forecasts
- Manage the inventory processes across multiple warehouses and geographies, working with the operations teams on a daily basis
- Become the lead on external reporting for VAT, Duty and Intrastat
- Be responsible for improving processes, developing documentation, driving efficiencies and consistently increasing the accuracy and clarity of financial reporting
- Manage and oversee the work performed by the new Central Ops Finance Associate
- Becoming a key contact for the external audit and overseeing inventory count procedures
- Own and deliver on a variety of ad hoc task, projects and initiatives, including the launch of new products, brands and geographies
Experience and qualifications
- Qualified chartered accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA or Equivalent)
- Minimum 3 years experience, ideally in audit or in a similar role in industry
- Detailed understanding (and preferably hands on experience) of inventory and business operations
- Working understanding of UK VAT and Duty reporting requirements
- Experience with managing, coaching and developing junior staff
- A background in CPG/Retail/E-commerce businesses preferred but not essential
This should describe you
- You have exceptionally strong accounting technical skills and knowledge, specifically UK GAAP, but US GAAP also a positive.
- You are an expert with excel and ideally have experience using accounting software
- You are super organised with high attention for detail and accuracy
- You are enthusiastic and see challenges as an opportunity to grow
- You are excited by problem solving and consistently drive to improve everything around you
- You are always looking to develop yourself and learn new things
- You are someone with excellent verbal communication skills, being able to explain complex financial information to non finance staff
- You are an empathetic and supportive people manager and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You are the ultimate team player and build strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions and teams
Who you’ll work with
- Reports directly to the International Controller
- Manage the new Central Ops Finance Associate
- Work daily with the other members of the International Finance team
- Work closely with the greater global Finance team in the US and Germany
- Working side-by-side as a business partner with other functions across the business and geographies including Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, People and Legal
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.