About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions across our multi-brand and global portfolio of brands.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization and will be a dedicated business partner to our US personal care business. This person will help drive XF alignment to enable smarter and more financially-informed decision making by helping their team to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance in partnership with US Brand GMs and the Retail sales team. This includes supporting the business and financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, and identifying and recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making.
What you will accomplish:
- Own financial performance management for the US Flamingo Brand P&L by providing insights around key historical and forecasted drivers
- Partner with business to drive long-term and near-term performance, building high quality plans and outlooks, analyzing actual performance and actioning against opportunities and risk mitigants
- Track and analyze monthly performance by channel/customer, by key P&L line item and own the presentation and analysis of financial results and forecasts
- Partner with the brand teams to improve promotional effectiveness and drive revenues and grow margins, align on Gross-to-Net numbers (GTN) with key stakeholders (i.e. trade, shopper marketing, consumer incentives, returns and allowances) on a monthly basis, and understand the reasons for deviations from Forecast, Budget and Prior Year
- Improve the way we think about, anticipate and reflect commercial decisions by providing financial direction and guidance around brand innovation and capital allocation
- Guide and support XF teams on specific New Product Innovation business cases
- Partner with analytics, sales and marketing teams on pre and post launch analysis for new product innovation
- Bridge our long-term planning, brand planning, and the brand operating Budget; drive forecast cycles with the Flamingo team
- Support our Brand GM on their P&L and take part in brand business reviews and ad-hoc financial analysis
This should describe you:
- 4+ years of total experience, including at least 2 years in financial management
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics
- Solid understanding of P&L and profitability analysis and strong working knowledge of CPG financials preferred (e.g. sales & marketing finance and KPIs/drivers)
- Experience using an ERP and planning system
- Ability to explain complex financial concepts to non-financial partners
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skill
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, managing multiple and changing priorities
- High level of motivation and energy with desire to ‘roll up sleeves’ moving from the high level to the detail as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and contend with complexity
- Strong business acumen and “can do” attitude
- Strong team player who manages collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Compelling influencing and communication skills, and ability to lead informal teams
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Ultimately report to our Commercial FP&A lead, with significant exposure to the Brand teams and commercial leadership
- Support our stakeholders and leadership in our commercial orgs
- Partner across the rest of the finance and operations teams globally
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.