What will this person do at Harry’s?
This role is made for someone who cares deeply about both data and creating best-in-class employee experiences. You are excited to nose dive into both quantitative and qualitative data, discover insights, and figure out the most effective way to communicate them. You know that data and systems are intertwined and are passionate about implementing and configuring systems to allow for comprehensive, clean data storage. This role will not only support People team initiatives but also leadership, and management initiatives across the organization.
As the People Operations Analyst, you will be the second member of the People Analytics and Systems team, focusing on data analysis and systems management for the US, UK, and Canada. We are looking for a data-driven, communicative, and collaborative person to power ongoing reporting, and iterate on existing data/systems processes.
As a People Operations Analyst, this person will:
- Analyze and model data (in Google Sheets and excel) in order to determine key insights or performance in relation to benchmarks. Organize, clean, and transform data to support ongoing analysis.
- In their first 3 months, they should take full ownership of managing quarterly demographics and attrition reports. They will support ad hoc compensation modelling for comp cycles, equity transactions, and new comp structures.
- Build thoughtful visualizations: charts, dashboards, and presentations tailored to audience that communicates insights, actions, and next steps
- Configures and administrates HR information systems to support accurate data storage, flow, and analysis. Create automated reports and alerts in UKG Pro’s People Analytics tool (Cognos backend).
- Advise Cross-functionally on data collection and analysis (DE&I champion, stakeholder specific, scalability minded). You know how data supports different teams and can prioritize the right metrics to help your partners succeed.
Required skills and experiences:
- Data-driven and analytical - Thinks all the way through a problem before jumping in. Organizes work in a way that is clear to others, easily repeatable, and easily automated
- Brings Order to Chaos - Driving to clarity around blur words. Quickly identifying the 'crux' of the problem. Prioritizing work by size of impact
- Thoughtful storyteller - Able to draw insights from the data they analyze and weave these into strong narratives and recommendations, and translate these to drive management presentations and decision-making processes. Can explain complex analytic methods using examples to highlight interesting features. Provides the right level of detail at the right time. Understands the 'flow' of a data story, and how to use that to structure communications
- Improves, always - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies without sacrificing quality and accuracy. Loves optimizing and iterating on existing workflows, reports, and analysis as needed. Will find answers to things they don’t know (functions, types of analysis, benchmarks, etc.)
- Intermediate Google Sheets/Excel knowledge
- Nice to have: Experience with Cognos systems or UKG Pro People Analytics
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.