We created Harry’s to be different from other shaving companies. Our founders, Jeff and Andy, created Harry’s because they were tired of overpaying for over designed razors. Instead, they wanted simple, high-quality products that felt good to use, all at a fair price.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with high quality, cleanly designed, fairly priced shaving products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since launching online as a direct to consumer brand we have been blown away by the customer’s response. The brand’s success in the US led to an online UK launch in May 2017, followed by retail launches in the US, UK, EU and Canada to complement the direct to consumer offering.
Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, aboard to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About Retail within Harry’s
The move into mass retail came as a result of some customer insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and then how to disrupt the in-store shaving category. Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 followed by Walmart the following year and has since launched in all major retailers across the US and Canada.
Given our success in the US it was a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ we go to mass retail in the UK.
We began this journey in April 2019 by partnering with the UK’s No1 Health and Beauty retailer, Boots as our official launch partner. Having transformed Boots’ category performance we used this platform to further expand within Health & Beauty launching into Superdrug as well as into Grocery, launching with Sainsbury’s at the end of 2019. This has pathed the way for further Grocery expansion in 2021.
About the Team
The Retail Team is key to driving brand awareness and growth for Harry’s as we expand our footprint outside of our online channel. The team is responsible for developing deep relationships with the best retail partners in the UK working cross functionally with internal and external partners across merchandising, marketing, operations and store execution to ensure we successfully deliver Harry’s brand strategy within a Mass Retail setting. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of Harry's UK journey.
About the Role
You will be a key part of Harry's drive to establish ourselves as the category experts on male grooming, as well as future new category launches like female hair removal & skincare. As Harry’s continues to build brand awareness in the UK, our retail presence is only going to accelerate from here. As part of this we will continue to need to deepen and strengthen our relationships with our retailer partners, and category plays a huge role in this. You’ll also be a key partner for our cross-functional teams at Harry’s, so you’ll need the people skills to be able to help & influence people from many different backgrounds.
Working in this role will require curiosity and the confidence to run data & draw conclusions from many disparate sources of information. You’ll need to be a fast-learner, who is quite happy picking up new concepts and tools without having to always rely on guidance. You’ll also need excellent communication skills and the ability to develop into a storyteller through data & insights.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Be the go-to expert for our category and Harry’s role within that. Be seen as a key internal partner with our account management & brand teams, as well as with our retail partners. Develop & protect Harry’s position as the leading driver of growth in the UK grooming market.
- Start to establish yourself as a story-teller, able to take data from many disparate sources and put them together to tell compelling and valuable stories.
- Work with retailers on range reviews, category reviews and brand planning - ensuring Harry’s point of view is heard and ensure our brand position is protected and enhanced
- Be the go-to person for all reporting needs for UK retail. Ensure accuracy & efficiency while also going the extra mile to ensure any follow ups & questions are answered in full
- Manage weekly scorecards for internal tracking of the UK business
- Conduct performance summaries of our business for internal and external needs
- Develop new report formats that reduce time spent running data, working with external partners to achieve this as necessary
- Establishing a close working relationship with the demand planning team in the UK to ensure we’re delivering all required inputs in a timely & accurate manner
- Provide analysis & recommendations on the demand forecast vs actual sales, and ensure those are feeding in correctly to the demand models
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing a challenger brand
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possesses a drive for results.
- Experience of using the major retail-data tools - e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, IRI. Experience in other data analytics platforms considered.
- Strong knowledge of the UK retail market and its current performance
- A model of collaborative behaviour, who is always willing to go the extra mile for our partners both internal and external
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence within retailers and internally
- Self starter who is willing to give things a try with limited support - never happier when given the license to explore the data and find interesting things
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s UK team, so you’ll need an innate hunger to learn
- Highly analytical – expert in excel/powerpoint, other data analytics tools, able to always get to the “why” behind the “what”
- Fast learner - always seeking to improve yourself and the wider team
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You have experience working with the UK’s biggest retailers (i.e. top 4 grocery or drug stores). Preferred but not essential.
- A good sense of humour - we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Who you will work with:
- You'll work broadly across the UK based Harry’s teams, as well as with our retail partners (both buyers & category planners)
- Account Managers and Head of UK Retail
- Brand marketing team - specifically shopper marketing, insights & innovation
- Demand Planning for sales forecasting
- You'll report to the Senior Category Development Manager for the UK
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.