We created Harry’s to be different from other shaving companies. Our founders, Jeff and Andy, created Harry’s because they were tired of overpaying for over designed razors. Instead, they wanted simple, high-quality products that felt good to use, all at a fair price.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with high quality, cleanly designed, fairly priced shaving products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since launching online as a direct to consumer brand we have been blown away by the customer’s response. The brand’s success in the US led to an online UK launch in May 2017, followed by retail launches in the US, UK, EU and Canada to complement the direct to consumer offering.
Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, aboard to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About Retail within Harry’s
The move into mass retail came as a result of some customer insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and then how to disrupt the in-store shaving category. Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 followed by Walmart the following year and has since launched in all major retailers across the US and Canada.
Given our success in the US it was a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ we go to mass retail in the UK.
We began this journey in April 2019 by partnering with the UK’s No1 Health and Beauty retailer, Boots as our official launch partner. Having transformed Boots’ category performance we used this platform to further expand within Health & Beauty launching into Superdrug as well as into Grocery, launching with Sainsbury’s at the end of 2019. This has pathed the way for further Grocery expansion in 2021.
About the Team
The Retail Team is key to driving brand awareness and growth for Harry’s as we expand our footprint outside of our online channel. The team is responsible for developing deep relationships with the best retail partners in the UK working cross functionally with internal and external partners across merchandising, marketing, operations and store execution to ensure we successfully deliver Harry’s brand strategy within a Mass Retail setting. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of Harry's UK journey.
About the Role
As Harry’s continues to build its awareness in the UK the retail presence must grow with it and deliver sustainable long term growth for our retail partners. You will be responsible for contributing to and executing the retail plans for the biggest customers in the UK, utilising all appropriate levers in order to deliver maximum brand and commercial impact.
This role is crucial for the overall delivery the Grocery channel; you will be assisting the team in delivering profitable growth and best-in-class execution within the channel. To deliver the strongest plans will require a collaborative working style that positively engage all of Harry’s internal functions, including Brand, Supply and Category.
The right person will be a natural communicator who can quickly build collaborative relationships with internal and external partners in order to drive plans forward and identify new opportunities for growth. They will be commercially-minded, ambitious and proactive with a keen eye for detail.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Support the development and implementation of short, medium and long term business objectives and Joint Business Plans (JBPs) that drive superior brand and category growth across Grocery customers in UK Retail
- Weekly analysis of sales data and stock reports to share with the team and recommend action plans based on insight
- Building fantastic cross-functional working relationships that allow you to successfully navigate all areas of the Harry's business as well as building a network of contacts within the Grocery retailers
- An opportunity to quicky develop and manage the P&L and investment plan for a customer
- Tracking promotional activity for relevant brands within Grocery accounts to identify trends, opportunities and potential barriers to growth
Supporting Customer Account Processes
- Work in lockstep with the Grocery NAM supporting the retail Buying teams on driving forward the plans – always being collaborative, partnership-driven and agile to opportunities
- Directly communicating with the customer to ensure all growth initiatives / business processes are completed on time e.g. new line forms, promotion forms
- Monitoring sales performance and tracking against short/ medium/ long term business objectives
- Analyse stock & sales forecasting for relevant retailer, nationally and by store, ensuring plentiful stock is available
- Tracking/measuring the success of growth initiatives (launches and promotions/activations)
In-store execution & brand guardianship within Grocery
- Safeguard Harry’s brand position identifying opportunities to enhance margin, drive brand awareness and consumer engagement & trial
- Bringing the outside in through store visits and exceptional store level knowledge
- Identifying opportunities to drive forward the Harry’s and Flamingo brand within the Grocery environment through opportunities for branded fixture and activations
- Managing and identifying opportunities to unlock improvements in distribution, shelving and merchandising
- A keen eye for detail – the ability and the confidence to make the necessary informed and strategic recommendations to course correct when required
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing a challenger brand
- Strong affinity for brands
- Willingness to try – maintains optimism in their approach to work and isn’t afraid of setbacks
- Attention to detail
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possess a drive for results.
- Experience within an FMCG is a bonus, but not critical
- Good knowledge of the UK trade with an interest in its performance
- A model of collaborative behaviour and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence within the customer and the Harry’s teams
- Extremely organised, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s UK team, so you’ll need an innate hunger to learn
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You might have experience working with the UK’s biggest retailers preferably the top four multiple grocers but it’s not essential
Who you will work with:
- Reporting to the Grocery National Account Manager you'll work broadly across the UK based Harry’s teams, as well as cross functionally within the customers you help manage.
- Distribution and Logistics teams for operational and fulfillment needs
- Design, Sourcing teams for in-store display
- Brand for Insights, product innovation and shopper marketing strategy
- Demand Planning for sales forecasting
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.