The Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of product development from ideation through production. The team leads the company’s largest product initiatives through the creation, development, and testing of innovative, high-quality goods that will be sold to and experienced by customers all over the world.
About the Role
R&D is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Development Program Management to join our team to help create and deliver innovative and performance driven grooming products. In this role you’ll lead cross-functional work streams and teams at all levels through thoughtful planning, execution, and support from concept through product launch. You’ll partner closely with brand, development and operations teams as the key R&D PM point of accountability for your assigned brands.
The Senior Manager, Product Development Program Management is a strong team player and cross-functional leader who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment and has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple workstreams often with competing priorities. This person has a desire to dive deep into the details of the development process while also being able to tie program work back to the broader business context and lead teams in bringing amazing products to life.
What you will accomplish:
- Drive R&D Programs - In partnership with commercial and operations counterparts, lead cross-functional teams through global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products in line with commercial vision
- Serve as key point of accountability for brand, development and operations partners for assigned brands, fostering strategic partnership and collaboration across development programs
- Work directly with product development, brand marketing, sourcing, operations, quality, finance, design and sales teams to drive development planning and execution against the company’s largest product initiatives spanning from commercial to technical
- Drive development path definition with input from cross-functional partners, track deliverables, development timelines and risk mitigation and facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a program
- Work with domestic/international suppliers and manufacturers throughout development
- Lead program level product development strategy; communicating updates to senior management and the broader Harry’s organization
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support new launches
- Direct management of a team of R&D Program Managers
- Travel up to 10% (once it’s safe to do so)
This may describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years in an analytical, dynamic, or process driven role such as project management, consulting, product development, package development or supply chain. CPG experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in a high performing team environment. Has experience with people management and nurturing a strong, positive team dynamic.
- Has proven successes managing complex, cross-functional projects in a fast paced environment
- Has a keen business understanding to be able to efficiently and effectively lead highly cross-functional teams spanning from commercial to technical.
- Communicates well with various cross functional groups and leadership as well as suppliers and vendors. Track record of excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills to drive cross-functional consensus with a senior, global team.
- Detail and process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
- Has a “no task too small” mentality with an eagerness to learn and address any issue that may arise.
- Resilient with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Able to engage as a thought partner for brand and development teams on new products or processes
- A collaborator and overall team player, you take pride in the wins of the collective team
- A positive outlook and sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of R&D Program Management, which is part of the Global R&D team
- Working closely with Brand Marketing, Product Development, Package Development, Sourcing, Quality, Finance, Sales and Design teams as well as external supplier/vendor partners
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.