About the team
The Engineering and Factory Operations Group is an advanced manufacturing team reporting up through the innovation organization at Harry’s. The team is responsible for advancing our manufacturing capabilities through driving operational excellence at our owned manufacturing centers as well as developing and implementing new technologies to enable our long-term success. The team currently supports all brands, geographies, and categories under Harry’s Inc. and will continue to grow as we scale our portfolio.
About the role
The VP of Engineering and Factory Operations, has the responsibility for executing the global manufacturing strategy and is a key member of the Harry’s leadership team.
This executive will lead global teams across the US and EU and will excel at building a trusting and inclusive environment for their team and key partners. They will provide strategic leadership, working across the enterprise to establish plans that enable top line and bottom line growth targets that meet company and customer objectives. Most importantly, they will deliver this while allowing great talent to thrive within their teams and setting a clear, inspiring vision. This role will build and coach teams that will ultimately deliver great experiences for our customers and enable accelerated innovation in support of our long-term strategic roadmap.
This role will be directly responsible for managing the organization responsible for scaling and producing our products as well as their associated systems. The VP position requires a strong team player who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment and has proven expertise in building and managing lean operations. This includes continuous improvement activities such as improving safety, quality, delivery as well as driving the organizational, cultural, and process changes needed to identify inefficiencies and drive change. This role will have a high degree of ownership, a growth-oriented mindset, and a passion for enabling teams and Harry’s to succeed.
What will this role accomplish:
- Hire, motivate and retain top technical talent across all engineering functions
- Drive the transformation of the engineering organization into a team that provides strategic thought leadership across the Enterprise
- Foster collaborative relationships with Commercial and Enterprise stakeholders
- Develop and implement key business processes to facilitate effective collaboration
- Participate in strategic planning processes and develop long-range plans to meet business profit and growth objectives
- Own the tactical and strategic execution of all owned manufacturing centers
- Develop, maintain and improve metrics monitoring performance and attainment of objectives and key results
- Create and deliver continuous improvement plans for quality, productivity, cost reduction and internal technical capabilities
- Collaborate with key business leaders to ensure reliable and timely launch and ongoing supply of products to the marketplace
- Develop and implement innovative new manufacturing and product technologies to enable business and commercial goals
- Foster an agile, flexible manufacturing team to support a fast paced NPI and sustaining operations teams
- Partner with Quality, Supply Chain, Planning, R&D, ID, and Commercial functions to coordinate the manufacturing process for the introduction of new products, equipment, processes, and technology
- Own the budget for the group; including expense planning, resource forecasting, and cost reductions as necessary
- Travel up to 40% (once it’s safe to do so)
Background and experience:
- Executive in a leadership role at a growth-oriented, consumer company, ideally be coupled with prior experience scaling teams in smaller environments.
- Experience managing large teams across geographies (5+ years of people management experience).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering with 10+ years experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience successfully leading an organization through a significant transformation or change, demonstrating the ability to bring people along with a shared vision. This could be in the form of integrating teams or new businesses or driving step-level operational changes
- Track record of excellent problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills to influence outcomes and facilitate efficient decision making across functions and at senior levels
- Strong business acumen / commercial focus, with the ability to translate business challenges into practical strategies
- Technical experience to lead teams and projects at all levels of the organization. Specific experience in:
- Managing, monitoring and reviewing all factory production KPIs and metrics. including (but not limited to) takt time, schedule achievement, scrap, loss management, manpower training, staffing.
- Understanding of financial planning and ERP systems
- Quality and regulatory systems (ISO, FSA, GMP)
- Advanced manufacturing / equipment development
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reports directly to Harry’s global leadership
- Will work cross functionally with R&D, Quality, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, Logistics and Brand Marketing
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.