Global Sourcing, Manager, UK
Harry’s started as a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for people who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for great products. Since launching online in the USA in early 2013 we have been blown away by the customer’s response to our brand. The brand’s success in the US led to an online UK launch in May 2017, followed by retail launches in both countries to complement the direct to consumer offering. Most recently, Harry’s has expanded into continental Europe, and you can now purchase Harry’s products in the Netherlands too. Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, aboard to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry's works cross-functionally to manage strategic sourcing and production for innovative and performance-driven products in the grooming market. The team is focused on sourcing the best suppliers and creating optimal supply chains to advance both Harry’s direct-to-consumer business and the retail channels we’ve partnered with across Europe and North America.
About the Role
As a member of the Global Sourcing team, you will have the opportunity to manage suppliers from around the globe and build, nurture, and own strategic sourcing relationships. You’ll oversee multiple categories, including direct and indirect spend, and lead category strategy work with cross-functional teams.
In the UK, Harry’s is growing rapidly and it’s an exciting time to join the business. The UK Sourcing team is constantly looking for ways to improve our existing relationships and find new partners with scalability. Whether it is razor cartridges, shave gel, packaging or in-store displays, you’ll be helping lead product launches and set optimal supply chains that allow our brand to flourish!
You will work cross-functionally with teams in the UK, New York, Germany and China – including Retail, Distribution, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance and other functions to sustain our programmes. The cross-functional nature of the role means there are endless opportunities to get involved in new areas of the business and work with different stakeholders. As our team grows so will your responsibilities and you’ll be relied on by senior stakeholders for Sourcing advice and team stewardship.
What you will accomplish:
- As a valued member of the Global Sourcing team at Harry’s, you will be responsible for overseeing new product introductions (NPI), sustaining programmes, mitigating risk, ensuring supply and driving continuous improvement projects
- Accountable for the success of programmes from start to finish, including RFQs for a variety of products and services
- Lead cross-functional projects and routinely present recommendations and operational considerations to the wider Harry’s team to inform the company’s strategy for product launches
- Lead negotiations with current and future suppliers to support our business objectives; including cost, contracts, etc.
- Manage relationships with your suppliers, organising business reviews and escalating issues when necessary
- Partner with multiple internal teams in achieving commercial goals, including Retail, Finance, Design, Logistics
- Lead areas of the Sourcing function and present on Sourcing activities and performance to senior management
- Drive continuous improvement by defining and rolling out new systems and processes to make souring more impactful
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally 3-4 years experience in an analytical supply chain/operations role, but we’d love to hear from candidates with any valuable experience relevant to the role
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) for internal and external communication and values relationships/teamwork cross-functionally
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers and the world around you
- You would love to travel and jump at the opportunity to work with suppliers and see manufacturing sites first-hand; including domestic and international
- You appreciate a great result quantitatively and qualitatively and celebrate accordingly, but you also recognize a failure and take pride in learning from experience and feedback
- You're humble and understand that contributions to our success as a brand come in all shapes and sizes
- Sense of humour… We take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Head of Operations, UK
- Working on the Global Supply Chain team, including Hard Products, Packaging, Displays, Personal Care and CapEx
- Cross-functional collaboration with Brand, Strategy, R&D, Quality, Packaging Development, Retail, Distribution, Sales & Operations, Planning, Finance
- External partners (suppliers, design agencies and contract manufacturers)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.