About Harry's Canada
We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, the UK in 2016 and Canada retail in early 2020. So far the customer response has been amazing.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand and female hair removal brand with our brand Flamingo. The UK was the first standalone market outside the US and now we have set up the Canadian team to take on the market and deliver disruption to the Canadian category. Consider it a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
We’ve brought together a focused team of talented people to successfully grow Harry’s and Flamingo in Canada, achieve our commercial goals, build strong relationships with our customers and make Harry’s Canada a truly amazing place to work. Since launch we’ve been delighted with the results, sentiment and feedback we have seen and are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand and employee goals.
It’s an exciting time to join an exciting business.
About Retail within Harry’s
The multi-channel approach at Harry’s came about following Customer Insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and to then disrupt the in-store shaving category.
Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 in the US, Boots in 2019 in the UK and Walmart in 2020 in Canada. The move to retail has been a massive success and Harry’s and Flamingo have captured massive shares in all markets, establishing the brands as the key challenger to Gillette.
Harry’s has also moved into new categories with great success and is now present in the Aftershave Balms, Shave Gels & Creams and the Shower Gels category with plans to launch into new categories in 2019.
Seeing this success in the US and UK has made the Canadian team believe it is a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ it becomes the key competitor to the biggest brands in the category. We are excited about the journey we are on and we can't wait for more consumers to experience our products.
About the Team
The Retail team is a newly created function in the Canadian organization. We are charged with driving Harry's brand strategy and growth with our mass and specialty Canadian retail partners. With a focus on building the best retailer relationships around, the team are responsible for all customer development activities. To bring these activities to life the retail team builds and nurtures cross functional relationships with our experts in Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Insights. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors, but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of the Harry's journey.
About The Role
In this exciting role you will drive and deliver shopper marketing programs across the Canadian market. This role is deeply cross-functional and you will gain exposure to the Harry’s brand & retail teams, whilst building direct and high functioning relationships with the marketing teams of our retail partners. You’ll make recommendations on how to deliver bespoke partnership marketing plans based on your knowledge of the brands short and long term goals. You’ll input into strategic brand planning processes and ensure the way the brand is represented in-store reflects our ATL brand positioning and efforts. You will also be responsible for the smooth delivery of all ISM (in-store marketing) programs and execution. You’ll take a consumer centric approach to your work ensuring everything we do is grounding in customer truth - giving us the competitive edge in our in-store presentation and shopper marketing programs.
It’s a unique opportunity to join a passionate and mission-driven team and gain exposure to a scaling business.
What You Will Accomplish
- Build bespoke and exciting partnership marketing programs for our key retail partners across Canada. Combine an understanding of the Harry’s brand goals with a deep knowledge of shopper marketing levers (e.g Social, Retailer.com, Email, In-store collateral etc) to create industry leading plans.
- Develop high functioning relationships across internal & external stakeholders. Own weekly updates to the Brand & Retail team. Set up and drive regular meetings with Retailer marketing teams (with the retail teams guidance).
- Provide solid recommendations to the retail team on how to spend the trade marketing budget, based on both short and long term business & brand goals. Deliver activities with operational excellence and measurement frameworks in place.
- Work in lockstep with the brand team, proactively inputting into brand planning processes and generating all retailer facing shopper marketing materials.
- Work collaboratively with the insights lead to ensure all ISM, Partnership marketing and new product launches are grounded in consumer truths. E.g brief insights team to test copy on ISM and build results into development timelines.
- Work tightly with Intl ISM PM to ensure smooth delivery of ISM to stores.
- Track closely with the NPI (New Product Innovation) process and input where necessary to ensure all NPI generated for Canada is optimised for the market. This includes writing packaging and copy briefs, working with legal and regulatory on claims and checking translation work
This Should Describe You
- A model for positive, collaborative behavior. Understands that in a growing business, we don’t always have all of the information we need. Able to step outside of their world to get the job done, and build processes to create a more seamless way of working in the future.
- Strong brand sensibilities. Able to communicate if/where brand execution is being compromised in a precise and calm manner.
- Humble. Can own their own mistakes whilst continuing to motivate and drive a x-functional group to drive projects to completion.
- Constantly curious and thoughtful about the evolving retail space
- Has a keen eye on where we are being outmaneuvered by our competition and how we can continually improve.
- Able to do more with less - create plans that deliver value in unexpected ways.
- Creative - can develop out of the box thinking for our shopper marketing efforts. Able to brief, inspire and recognize great creative work. Understands the essence of brand/equity management and knows the “look of success” at retail for Harry’s.
- And - You have a sense of humor.
Here's Who You'll Work With
- Report into Michael Cato(Director of Sales - Canada).
- Dotted reporting line into Natalie Sheard (Sn Manager Shopper - UK,EU,CA) who leads the Intl Shopper function for strategic support and functional expertise.
- Work closely with a range of stakeholders based in the CA, NA & Intl hubs: Brand, Insights, CA Retail, Sourcing, & R&D and X-Functional teams.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.