What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to be a major force in building the social community for an early stage brand. As the Social Media Manager, you’ll bring the brand to life across all Cat Person social media channels in one of the most fun categories that’s perfectly suited for social.
The ideal candidate is first and foremost, passionate about cats. They are the first to know when a moment like the Zoom call with the Lawyer-cat happens or what is going on on cattok. They are a social media expert, ingrained in trends and culture, quick-witted and able to act on emerging conversations and cultural moments on behalf of the brand.
This role reports to the Director of Brand Marketing and will partner closely with Creative, Customer Experience, and Growth Marketing.
What you will accomplish:
- Own and operate Cat Person’s organic social media including calendar management, community management, content, posting and reporting across all organic social media channels.
- Build Cat Person’s organic social strategy that turns consumer insights and cultural trends into an actionable plan to drive engagement and growth with our audience as well as structure content focus and channels.
- Stay on top of culture to create content natively and/or brainstorm timely stories with Creative that drive attention for Cat Person and reinforce the brand POV.
- Cultivate relationships and engage the community across all social platforms responding to fans and proactively engaging in topical conversations and moments.
- Author consumer and culturally informed briefs to develop mini social campaigns on a monthly/quarterly basis with Creative.
- Identify social media channels ripe for community building with our audience and in cat culture formally present opportunities for growth and engagement.
- Partner with Creative and Marketing to ensure the brand’s tone and personality is consistent across all social captions and responses.
- Report on social media performance on a weekly and monthly basis to identify insights, establish and standardize KPIs and benchmarks.
This should describe you:
- 3+ years of proven social media experience in a brand, agency, editorial setting or other relevant experience at a fast-growing, early stage brand
- You are a cat person. You’re passionate about cats and actively create and interact with cat content, culture and the community in social or out in the world. (You may even have social accounts for your own cat).
- You’re a creator. You have experience creating social media content for brands. You know how to capture content natively within apps like Instagram and TikTok and are familiar with the specifications and nuances of social assets.
- You are able to spot trends and creatively think outside of the box to capitalize on them in line with the brand and our consumer audience.
- Expertise in growing social follower counts
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, etc.), consumer behavior and audience on each and how each platform can be used to foster engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excels at cross-functional collaboration
- Proficiency with a range of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
Here's who you’ll will work with:
Report to the Brand Director (Head of Brand Marketing)
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
Cat Person and Harry’s Inc. are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Cat Person’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.