About the team
The Recruiting team is here to build diverse, high performing teams, and to do it all inclusively. We’re a small team of enthusiastic, humble, and curious people that get to help people find their dream jobs. We care deeply about running an unbiased recruiting process that searches far and wide to bring diverse talent into our pipelines. We push every day to find talent from all walks of life and create programs that help them feel welcome and included. We work with all teams and brands in the Harry’s org, from budding new brands to robust support functions.
About the role
As Head of Recruiting Ops at Harry’s you will play a critical role in defining our recruiting strategy and will own its implementation. You’ll have a team of coordinators and a recruiting ops specialist to assist you in implementing programs and projects ranging from DE&I analytics to headcount planning. This will be a new role at Harry’s so you will have the opportunity to shape the role and the function.
What you will accomplish
- Build recruiting operations function and strategy, including defining clear priorities and owners for the recruiting operations function. Gather input and run a process to build out and refine an innovative strategy with the Recruiting team.
- Amplify current DE&I efforts in recruiting and identify new opportunities to make progress
- Coach and develop our team of recruiting coordinators and one recruiting ops specialist by creating development plans for each person, providing feedback and mapping out each person’s role so that they have clear scope, priorities, and opportunities to grow.
- Launch impactful new programs at Harry’s. Work cross-functionally to get input, identify the right stakeholders, participants, generating organizational buy-in and hitting timelines and desired outcomes to create best-in-class and innovative programs. You’ll have a team to support you, but will own some projects on your own.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the recruiting process and know how to operationalize change so it’s embedded in process, not reliant on people
- Use data to create reports that drive insights and actions. Elevate how we use data to make sure recruiters, hiring managers and leadership are getting the insights they need to drive action. Ensure data integrity and accuracy, streamlining and automating process to capture and analyze.
- Improve and optimize our systems and tools. We currently use Greenhouse today as our primary ATS.
This should describe you
- Highly organized doer and project manager. You can manage projects with many stakeholders, navigating the organization to get the right input ultimately delivering on complex cross functional projects. You use tools and templates to scope out projects and teach others to do the same.
- DE&I champion. You are passionate and knowledgeable about DE&I overall and in particular how to drive it through a recruiting process. You stay on the cutting edge by going to networking events and conferences and push others to be innovative as well as adapt what they see out in the world to work for Harry’s.
- Delightful collaborator. You are exceptional at cross functional work. Great communicator, highly reliable, inclusive and not territorial.
- Thoughtful and direct communicator. You know how to push back on stakeholders in a way that promotes trust while also motivating behavior change.
- You find joy in finding systems and tools that make lives easier and more automated. You dig into the details of systems to make them work harder for us. You naturally think about how to create scalable solutions and train people to work through systems.
- Excel and data whiz. You love to dig into data and can pull out insights and tell stories. You love to do your own analysis and coach others to build their analytic skills too.
- Customer focused. You want to deliver great experiences for everyone involved in the recruiting process. You seek out feedback and proactively change things to surprise and delight customers and stakeholders. You know how to be flexible when needed for our ‘customers’, but hold to process when important.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Chief People Officer
- Working on the Recruiting Team
- You’ll primarily work with the broader People Team (including People Ops and D&I), Finance, and Legal, but this role will also work with the leadership team and most teams at Harry’s
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.