About the Team
The Soft Products Quality Engineering Team is responsible for the development and implementation of all of Harry's quality standards, inspection protocols and ALL of the manufacturing processes which includes molding, batching, and finished goods production. The team works closely with the Packaging and R&D teams to validate all new component molds and formula production from concept through Mass Production. As we continue to expand into new categories, the Quality team will be an instrumental partner in supporting new exciting innovation and brand success.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to lead the creation and implementation of quality standards and inspection processes for new Soft Products (personal care) being developed by Harry's Inc., and ensure that we continue to deliver high-value quality products in a timely and cost effective fashion. You will lead the validation of new tooling and finished goods production of our new product pipeline. Additionally, you will support in diagnosing customer complaints and driving corrective actions by changing manufacturing processes, test methods, quality systems and product designs. You will work with cross-functional teams in the New York office and with our third party manufacturing partners globally in a role that will have a tremendous impact on the company, and most importantly, on our customers.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for Quality to work every day. We work hard, and laugh hard.
- Management of new packaging tooling development and validation from pilot cavity through mass production tooling utilizing SPC data to ensure the suppliers process capabilities meet industry standards.
- Develop secondary tooling to provide additional supply chain capacity to support our growing brands
- Robust knowledge of injection molding, EBM (extrusion blow molding), ISBM (injection stretch blow molding) technologies and their capabilities
- Material science background / experience. Polymer(s) experience is preferred.
- Analyze technical drawings through tolerancing and stack-up evaluations on critical assemblies
- Evaluate risks and develop clear mitigation plans with support of management and cross-functional peers in R&D and Supply Chain
- Draft and seek guidance on product / package testing plans and analyze / interpret results
- Implement quality tools such as: process mapping, Process FMEA, process control plans, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), Measurement System Analysis (MSA/GR&R), Statistical Process Control (SPC); and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Support advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations.
- Manage Harry’s Soft Product (personal care) packaging and fill-line qualification at our third party manufacturing partners.
- Proactively work with the Product Development team and suppliers to improve design for manufacturability and reduce defects and cost.
- Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals & Harry's requirements. Execute supplier audits, CAPA’s and monitor metrics.
- Work cross-functionally (especially with the broader Supply Chain, Product Development and Engineering teams) to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced and manufactured products.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and on-going production.
- Work with suppliers to quickly address and resolve any quality issues seen during on-going production.
- Own the issuance of the finished goods specifications with support from our Package Engineering and Process Engineering teams
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal cross functional partners.
This should describe you:
- BS in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, other related disciplines, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the consumer products manufacturing world with knowledge of component development and finished goods production.
- Having knowledge of a variety of mechanical material properties of polymers and packaging components such as aerosols, pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, pumps
- Honest, direct, and ability to articulate and defend technical recommendations and decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Experience in Tolerance and Stack Analysis of new product and package designs
- Experience using Statistical Analytic tools in manufacturing
- Experience with 3D CAD software is a strong plus
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Life-long learner: You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Soft Products Quality and Process Engineering
- Working in the Quality Team with Process Engineering
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Packaging Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Sourcing, Logistics, Design, Retail and Brand Marketing.
- Externally, you will work with packaging component suppliers, printing and decorating suppliers, and contract manufacturing and filling sites.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.