We created Harry’s to be different from other shaving companies. Our founders, Jeff and Andy, created Harry’s because they were tired of overpaying for over designed razors. Instead, they wanted simple, high-quality products that felt good to use, all at a fair price.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with high quality, cleanly designed, fairly priced shaving products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since launching online as a direct to consumer brand we have been blown away by the customer’s response. The brand’s success in the US led to an online UK launch in May 2017, followed by retail launches in the US, UK, EU and Canada to complement the direct to consumer offering.
Today we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, aboard to join our growing company to continue disrupting markets!
About Retail within Harry’s
The move into mass retail came as a result of some customer insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and then how to disrupt the in-store shaving category. Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 followed by Walmart the following year and has since launched in all major retailers across the US and Canada.
Given our success in the US it was a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ we go to mass retail in the UK.
We began this journey in April 2019 by partnering with the UK’s No1 Health and Beauty retailer, Boots as our official launch partner. Having transformed Boots’ category performance we used this platform to further expand within Health & Beauty launching into Superdrug as well as into Grocery, launching with Sainsbury’s at the end of 2019. This has pathed the way for further Grocery expansion in 2021.
About the Team
The Retail Team is key to driving brand awareness and growth for Harry’s as we expand our footprint outside of our online channel. The team is responsible for developing deep relationships with the best retail partners in the UK working cross functionally with internal and external partners across merchandising, marketing, operations and store execution to ensure we successfully deliver Harry’s brand strategy within a Mass Retail setting. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of Harry's UK journey.
About the Role
You will be responsible for developing Harry’s retail plans for some of the biggest customers in UK Mass Retail. To deliver the strongest plans will require a collaborative working style that positively engage all of Harry’s internal functions. As Harry’s continues to build its awareness in the UK the retail presence must grow with it and deliver sustainable long term growth for our retail partners.
Working in this role will require a highly skilled influencer that is able to build fully integrated plans born from consumer insight that deliver category value and scale for Harry’s. This role calls for an excellent communicator with a proactive work style, attention to detail, a focus on excellence in execution and most importantly of all someone who loves to get stuck in. Investing in strong relationships built on trust and performance will be a key focus for the successful candidate.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Build deep, lasting retail partnerships centered on the delivery of shared short, medium and long term objectives. Developing and implementing Joint Business Plans (JBPs) that drive superior brand and category growth
- Build fantastic cross-functional working relationships that allow you to successfully navigate all areas of the Harry's business as well as your customer’s.
- Safeguard Harry’s brand position identifying opportunities to enhance margin, drive brand awareness and consumer engagement & trial
- Agree listings for all Harry’s brand extensions supporting their launch with engaging in-aisle and off-shelf displays
- Establishing a close working relationship with Distribution and Logistics teams to safeguard availability and facilitate the achievement of OTIF targets
- Provide quality analysis and input to the Harry’s demand planning and supply chain teams to ensure accurate stock management
- Delivering accurate sales forecasts with strong account governance, providing regular commercial updates to senior leadership in the UK and US
- Managing an investment plan to drive consumer awareness and engagement whilst maximizing profitability
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing a challenger brand
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possess a drive for results.
- Great experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom-line results in a customer development capacity
- Strong knowledge of the UK trade and its current performance
- Operationally brilliant and driven to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence within the customer and the Harry’s teams
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s UK team, so you’ll need an innate hunger to learn
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You have experience working with the UK’s biggest retailers preferably the top four multiple grocers
Who you will work with:
- You'll work broadly across the UK based Harry’s teams, as well as cross functionally within the customers you manage.
- Distribution and Logistics teams for operational and fulfillment needs
- Design, Sourcing teams for in-store display
- Brand for Insights, product innovation and shopper marketing strategy
- Demand Planning for sales forecasting
- You'll report to the Senior Sales Manager in the UK
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.