Senior Manager EU Supply Chain
London based with EU and US travel
Reporting to the EU GM; strong indirect links to US based Supply Chain Leadership group
About the role:
As the Senior Manager, EU Supply Chain, you’ll take on a high-impact, high-visibility role within the EU team at Harry’s Inc. You’ll be joining the EU team at a critical juncture - after tremendous growth in the UK across DTC and Retail, we will be looking to launch new markets, add new brands, and pursue countless other new commercial opportunities. Reporting directly to the EU GM (and P&L owner), you will seamlessly bring together the functions of Supply Chain under one remit locally. You will ensure resources, priorities and managerial software is in place and functioning efficiently on the exciting next leg of growth for the EU region.
You’ll have the opportunity to dive into a highly varied scope of work, interacting with and building strong relationships with virtually every team at Harry’s, across both London and New York. Your time will be split between leading the team locally, delivering on projects, ensuring operational metrics are being delivered and adapting to a fast-growing business environment. You’ll also spend significant time partnering with senior Supply Chain leadership in NYC, ensuring that the EU business is represented, prioritised appropriately (in-line with objectives), aligned to global strategy and supported centrally.
We are looking for someone who is an excellent people manager, with outstanding business instincts, communication abilities, and leadership skills who is excited to help us grow into a multi-brand, multi-geo business. An ideal candidate is extremely versatile, happy to venture into uncharted territory, quickly understands the most important metrics in a given Supply Chain lane and ensures delivery against them.
And most of all, we are looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit, joining the ~60-person EU team and contributing to its fun, small-office startup culture. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Roles and responsibilities / What you will accomplish:
- Manage the end-to-end EU Distribution, Outbound Logistics Execution, Sourcing and Planning responsibilities for:
- Harry’s Retail & DTC distribution and fulfillment (via 2x 3PL DC’s and multiple carriers)
- Harry’s and Flamingo Retail ISM’s, packaging and collateral across the EU
- Demand Planning for all sales channels for Harry’s and Flamingo across the region, ensuring stock availability at all times and maximised forecast accuracy
- Identify any gaps in local processes or responsibility so that the EU team operates seamlessly with the NYC based functions
- Develop and update budgets for DTC and Retail channels with ultimate responsibility for hitting targets, quality and efficiency
- Drive improvements to reduce costs and or improve customer experience
- Manage the EU based Supply Chain team (~10 FTE)
- Oversee that the team deliver and are plugged into and contributing to global initiatives and processes (e.g. Planning, Systems, Innovations)
- Foster their growth and development personally and professionally
- Ensure the Organisation is consistently right-sized for the business development in the EU region and demonstrate growth paths for a high-growth team
- Constantly collaborate with local cross-functional partners to ensure DTC and Retail channels run smoothly, efficiently and delighting our end customers. Work across the EU leadership team to ensure there is real partnership between Commercial and Supply Chain functions
- Implement scalable tools, systems, and processes to support a high performing and accurate EU Supply Chain function. Share best practices and jointly work with the Global Ops team to implement scalable tools, systems, processes
- Drive continuous improvement activities in conjunction with the Global Supply Chain Strategy
- Spend significant time ensuring that the EU is visible, contributing to and benefiting from Global Ops initiatives run out of the NYC based leaders, including areas outside of Global Ops such as IT
- Support contract negotiations / QBR processes across the Supply Chain remit while maintaining positive relationships with external vendors
- Bring analytical support to negotiations with vendors
- Hold vendors to account on delivery of agreed KPI’s
- Encourage innovation through the Ops vendor base to ensure Harry’s is responding to and competitively leading in services to our customers
- Act as a constructive thought partner with outside vendors to support growth of Harry’s business
About you / This should describe you:
- 6+ years experience in the Supply Chain space for global business(es)
- An excellent manager - humbly leading and developing true subject matter experts who may know considerably more about their function of Supply Chain than you. You’ll find a way to build credible relationships, to add value to their knowledge through global context, invest in their personal development and removing barriers to them doing a better job each day
- Quick and passionate learner, able to get up to speed on new projects and digest new & changing information rapidly in order to learn about the nuances and needs of the full Supply Chain remit in the EU. You’ll naturally build context for areas where you have less experience operationally
- Able to highly effectively work cross-functionally across a diverse set of stakeholders, building relationships as the key EU owner of all Supply Chain functions, ensuring seamless representation with the EU Commercial functions and inclusion of the EU business globally within the functions of Distribution, Logistics, Sourcing and Planning.
- A proven Project Manager; able to manage large projects through to completion, with thoughtful stakeholder management along the way. Possessing a highly structured and organized approach to everything - in breaking down ambiguous problems, comms with various team members, decision-making, etc.
- Customer-centric: Focus always on the customer first. Ensure strategic and tactical decisions drive the best customer experience possible. Drive process improvements to ensure DTC and Retail metrics remain elevated. Work with cross-functional partners to support initiatives that surprise and delight the customer.
- Loves constant context-switching, wearing many hats vs. focusing deeply in one function
- Skilled communicator who can provide the right message, narrative, & level of detail according to the audience via verbal or written communication (PPT, email, etc.). Keeps the business updated with the critical KPI’s and performance metrics within Ops.
- Utilizes holistic understanding of our business to constantly see around corners and proactively identify key risks / downstream implications as they arise
- Resilient, able to roll with the punches and efficiently re-focus as the business shifts, possessing a real ‘All In, All Together’ mindset
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization at H’s through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment and retention actions
- Sense of urgency with a bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Experience working through ERP systems, running RFP processes, contract negotiations, implementation and BAU optimization
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.