About the team
The R&D Team is at the heart of product creation for all of our global brands. Our team is composed of engineers, chemists, materials scientists, product researchers, technicians, program managers, and more. We work cross-functionally to develop insightful, innovative products that fulfill the unmet, sometimes unspoken, needs of our customers.
Hard Products R&D is the engine behind our core shaving business, developing razors, handles, and accessories; plus anything made from metal or plastic, in any product category.
About the role
As a Lab Technician you will be a part of the Hard Product R&D team, working under the direction of the Senior Reliability Engineer. The primary focus of the team is on the development of new products and technologies, and the improvement of existing products. You will provide technical support to the Product Design Engineering and Engineering Implementation groups through testing in the R&D lab.
What you will accomplish
- Test, measure, characterize, and evaluate products, components, and prototypes using standard and custom instrumentation.
- Assist the engineers in developing test methods, fixtures, and procedures in a lab environment
- Work with the R&D team to assemble, measure, and characterize test products
- Assist leadership teams with lab operations and planning
- Prepare samples for consumer testing
- Create thorough and detailed reports to key stakeholders and maintain test documentation
This should describe you
- Ability to understand verbal and written technical instructions
- Detail-oriented approach to work - you strive for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to own and execute work independently
- Experience working with and maintaining sensitive instrumentation
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve unexpected problems
- Great communicator - Can summarize and present data in an understandable way.
- Have a “no task too small, or repetitive” attitude
- Have an aptitude and enthusiasm for doing hands-on work; good manual dexterity and ability to work with a variety of tools
- Willingness, enthusiasm, and flexibility to help teammates as urgent needs arise
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer
- Member of the Hard Product R&D Innovation team
- Work with Product Design Engineers, Product Researchers, Materials Scientists, Program Managers, Process/Manufacturing Engineers (Engineering Implementation Group), and Quality Engineers and Technicians
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.