About the Team
The Legal team at Harry’s works cross-functionally and across geographies to address all of the legal issues facing Harry’s, providing advice and assistance to the entire company and supporting Harry’s various corporate, commercial and transactional initiatives.
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a talented attorney to join its Legal team as Counsel. The successful candidate will be the eight member of the Legal team and will be based at Harry’s headquarters in New York City. This is a great opportunity for an attorney who seeks significant responsibilities across a wide variety of legal matters, enjoys working closely and often cross-functionally with a broad spectrum of internal clients, and wants to play a meaningful role in building strong and scalable legal and compliance functions for a dynamic company. This is a true “generalist” role that involves significant commercial work, but also (to varying degrees) compliance, employee, transactional and other matters.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide practical legal advice and support across a range of business functions
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts of varying complexity
- Support growth initiatives relating to new products and brands
- Advise on regulatory and compliance matters (e.g., data privacy, FTC, FDA)
- Assist in the development of corporate policies, procedures and best practices
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Two to four years of relevant experience with a top law firm or in-house legal department
- Significant exposure to sophisticated commercial, corporate or transactional matters
- Experience advising consumer products and/or e-commerce companies is a plus
- Member in good standing of the NY or other state bar
This Should Describe You:
- You have outstanding legal technical skills
- You admit when you don’t know the answer and work hard to get it; you love to learn new things
- You are adept at developing innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- You succeed by building strong working relationships with colleagues across levels, functions and teams, and you always think about how to help them excel
- You are capable of owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest and supportive communication
- You take your work seriously and yourself un-seriously
Here’s who You’ll Work With:
- Reporting to the Director of Legal, you’ll work closely with the other members of the Harry’s Legal team
- You’ll work cross-functionally with all of Harry’s key internal stakeholders, including the finance, marketing, product, people, retail and supply chain teams
- You’ll efficiently collaborate with outside counsel
Harry’s, Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded its grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team comprises some of the most brilliant, diverse and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history, immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.