About the Team
Data plays an integral role within all functions at Harry’s Inc., for example in messaging customers, optimizing spend across acquisition channels, or forecasting demand. On the Data Engineering team, we build data infrastructure and data applications that power decisions across Harry’s Inc., optimally scale our revenue and traffic, and help the Harry’s team delight our customers.
About the Role
As a Senior Staff Data Engineer, you will be a technical lead responsible for helping the team build resilient and scalable data pipelines and data applications to support teams across Harry’s. You will lead team members on delivery and execution of technical programs, and build code and frameworks that help the team scale its footprint. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Author, continuously improve and socialize technical project deliverables and frameworks that the broader engineering and analytics teams can leverage to ship high-quality data products at increasing scale and velocity.
- Help mentor the team in designing, building and documenting deliverables to generate operational alignment on technical objectives and decisions, with an eye towards balancing performance, scope, and business requirements.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews and help grow team members’ capabilities to discover and use innovative approaches where they provide our platform with a meaningful advantage.
- Participate in requirements discovery and definition on major projects with cross functional partners, communicating effectively and empathetically to build consensus and to align on the right outcomes for the team and the business.
- Learn to own and operate legacy data platforms for additional brands, and help coach the team in executing migration playbooks to onboard them onto the Harry’s, Inc. data platform.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to design and build high-quality data deliverables that solve user problems, deeply understanding and influencing users to drive alignment with business stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You are fluent in SQL and Python.
- You have experience building, debugging and deploying applications using multiple technologies and architectures, and specifically including distributed systems (Spark, Hive, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.), that have delivered demonstrable value to users in production.
- You have experience mentoring team members on technical projects.
- You have experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams to deliver production systems that users love and rely on.
- You have experience with statistics or data analysis, and can debug datasets just as well as you can debug software.
Nice to have experience with:
- Working with BI tools, as user or developer (e.g Tableau, Looker)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.