About the teams
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports the Harry’s brand in North America and the UK, our Flamingo brand in the US, and our private label and manufacturing business in Germany.
The Retail Sales organization is a critical function that drives the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass market and specialty retail partners. It is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
About the role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to work with the FP&A team as well as the Director of Sales Strategy and Planning to provide dedicated Finance coverage of our Retail Sales team.
This person will collaborate with our retail sales leads to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business and financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, and identifying and recommending solutions as appropriate. This person will also work closely with our FP&A team within the Finance function to ensure consistency in data collection processes and analytical execution. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making. This role will report to the FP&A Manager for functional direction and development, and dotted-line to the Director of Sales Strategy and Planning for business direction.
What you will accomplish:
- Collect and analyze data from our internal business reporting and accounting system (SAP by Design) to provide regular visibility to Retail leads on drivers of retailer-level P&L
- Partner with Retail leads to improve our understanding of the drivers of business performance by customer, including gross revenue, chargebacks, trade spend, margins, and opex (brokers, merchandising / displays, store coverage, etc.)
- Provide support for our Retail leaders to track against key performance goals, including measuring the ROI of all Retail investments
- Support the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process for the Retail team
- Support the monthly internal financial reporting for the Retail team
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Improve financial rigor around Retail decision-making, including improved businesses cases for all retail-related investments and new channels/verticals
- Leverage existing organization tools and systems (eg. Adaptive Insights, Looker) to develop and report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies and improve strategic decision making
- Provide ad hoc financial and business decision support as needed
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in FP&A or a financial analysis role within an operating business; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is preferred;
- Annual planning and monthly reporting experience is preferred
- Solid understanding of P&L and profitability analysis and strong working knowledge of
financial and managerial accounting
- Experience using SAP by Design or an equivalent ERP system
- Experience using a financial planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan)
- Expert Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust and gaining support across the organization
- Detail- and process-oriented
- Passionate about consumer businesses and motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, aren’t afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, and can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, and supportive in communications and takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll report to FP&A Manager on the Finance team and dotted line into the Director of of Sales Strategy and Planning on the Retail Sales team
- You’ll collaborate closely with Retail Sales leads, Planning, Analytics, and Brand teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.