About the Team
The Lifecycle Marketing Team at Harry’s manages digital and offline marketing channels to engage with existing customers and drive profitable growth for the business. We are an enthusiastic group of hard-working individuals who are constantly reinventing our approach, developing and testing hypotheses rooted in customer insights, and deepening Harry’s relationship with the customer in a measured manner.
About the Role
Lifecycle Marketing efforts at Harry’s are designed to inspire deep engagement with the brand, increase retention and reactivation by developing meaningful touchpoints and experiences that build a lasting relationship. As the Sr. Manager of Lifecycle Marketing, you will be responsible for our engagement strategy and roadmap, exploration and development of new channels, as well as day-to-day execution, reporting and optimization of Harry’s retention marketing campaigns for customer retention. You will have engagement KPI ownership and will be a key member of the DTC team, overseeing the strategy, production, delivery, and performance of engagement channel communications including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, transactional notifications, win-back campaigns, and new engagement channels that you identify. In addition, you will be responsible for collaborating most closely with the digital product team as well as with the digital product design, brand, creative, and growth marketing teams to support cross-channel initiatives that meet broader brand goals. This position requires strong analytical, organizational and execution skills, and extensive knowledge of all aspects of omnichannel engagement marketing including ESP infrastructure, establishing the framework for and ongoing measurement of ROI across multiple channels, campaign building, email design, deployment and deliverability.
Important: This is a hands-on role where you will be both a player and a coach! This position is expected to be a high-caliber independent contributor, personally creating and executing email strategy while coaching and managing a small team of CRM marketers.
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote during COVID.
- Communicate upwards, to direct reports, and to peers the value and unique attributes of each engagement channel, as well as how the portfolio of channels work together to maximize customer engagement
- Develop and own cohesive engagement strategy for multiple channels including email, SMS, and paid marketing and any new channels you identify
- Oversee all aspects of engagement channel execution including development, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, A/B testing, and optimization across various channels.
- Develop roadmap and testing rooted in insights and multiple forms of validation techniques
- Develop and regularly share out the master KPIs that span all engagement channels that align with DTC and Brand goals
- Engage with industry trends, events, announcements, and emerging technologies to constantly improve Harry’s email marketing presence and performance
- Identify opportunities to improve technical implementation and deepen engagement channel data with data engineering and services teams
- Serve as a thought partner for new brands and geographies as they setup and deploy their engagement ecosystems.
- Work directly with our ESP as well as an active participant in evaluating new ESP options, maintain reporting on platform usage vs contracted levels; ensure that our send score and deliverability is strong
- Manage two Sr. Associates of engagement marketing, providing guidance, support, and professional development.
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years hands-on experience managing multiple engagement channels (ex. email, push notifications across app or SMS, messenger apps, paid marketing, direct mail) with a proven track record of success in driving customer retention
- Extensive knowledge of email service provider platforms and tools.
- Well-versed in direct marketing fundamentals, email marketing industry standards and email best practices. Includes user list management, knowledge of dynamic content within email and logic based systems.
- An eagerness to learn about new business models and tackle strategic issues.
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management skills, extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Experience working cross functionally with Creative and Digital Product, or similar teams.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS --- SQL a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or related field.
- Great people manager and mentor with a great attitude and sense of humor.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.