About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. In partnership with our Data Engineering team, we make sure that data flows throughout the company, and everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data and insights across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
As Harry’s, Inc diversifies across more channels, geographies, and brands, it is becoming increasingly more important that our data tells the story of the entire portfolio in a way that clarifies ROI and tradeoffs for our leaders at all levels of the business.
To support these needs, we are focused on building up our analytics capabilities to support our GMs and Inc leadership team. Responsibilities will span:
- Maintaining the analytics layer of our data model in the data warehouse and in our BI tools (i.e., Looker)
- Maintaining our metrics and data definitions in a nuanced yet consistent manner across brands to surface insights on business health
- Synthesizing data on a regular basis to provide leadership with deep insights that drive their roadmaps and strategic initiatives
- Owning testing and experimentation to refine our customer experience on-site and in-store
- Driving deep analysis of the whats and whys of key drivers to surface hypotheses for action
About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a Data Analyst who uses advanced analytics to generate and deliver insights that will drive improvements, uncover new truths, and enable smart decision-making across our organization. In this role you will be responsible for diving deep into online and retail business performance as well as customer value economics.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, and a robust technical toolkit. You’ll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and also share your insights and recommendations with all levels of the business. This is a very hands on role.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Own end-to-end analyses to answer important business questions using data. For example, you might:
- Analyze trends in subscription retention and estimate the impact on our core business. Own the process to figure out how to best measure and display the results visually.
- Assess the impact of price and supply chain changes on our expected customer lifetime value and communicate the business implications across teams
- Understand how advertising channel mix shift has impacted our customer value over time, and identify strategies for leveraging this knowledge in our business
- Measure how an omni-channel campaign created incremental revenue and profit across DTC, Retail, and other third party channels
- Help define how we measure and report out on performance, and regularly track and share the overall performance of the business to drive strategic planning
- Support the forecasting team in understanding variance vs. prior forecasts
- Identify analytics pain points and inefficiencies, and develop new tools and automated process to optimize and streamline
- Build requirements for and support the development of the multi-branded codebase (i.e., the data model that sits within the data warehouse) , in collaboration with our analytics engineer and data engineers
- Be a data-evangelist across the organization, sharing best practices and insights with cross-functional teams
Background and Experience:
- 3+ years of overall experience in the Data Analytics and/or Data modeling
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL (Python or R are a bonus) to query and manipulate datasets, answer questions, and drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau
- Strong Business Acumen – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating the business ins and outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someone’s business needs and to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Tactical Problem Solver – You have experience boiling down medium and large scope data problems into measurable and achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify and dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, you’re pragmatic: you can identify and work on the most important problems first and you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself and your team, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Analytics
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts and analytics engineers on the team. You will also partner closely with our data engineering team
- Within the larger H’ org, you’ll work closely with our Inc leadership team, Retail team, Growth marketing leads, Brand leadership teams, and Finance / Operational Planning teams
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.