About the Role
The Performance Marketing Manager role is critical to help drive the overarching omni-channel growth strategy for Harry’s Inc. within our US-based retail channels: Mass, Grocery, & Drug with a special emphasis on Target, Walmart, & Kroger to start. The right candidate is someone who is energized to develop this dedicated function for our retail business which will help drive profitable growth across our portfolio of brands and product segments. The PMM is a serial collaborator who partners internally with retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, acquisition marketing, and creative, and externally with our retail partners to deliver integrated solutions in tune with each retailer’s needs. The PMM will define the growth strategy and own the execution, optimization, and reporting of all performance marketing campaigns for our key retail partners.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives our overarching portfolio and growth strategy for Harry’s Inc. with our retail partners. The team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retail partner, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, operations, in-store execution, and omni-channel development. As Harry’s Inc. continues to expand into new segments, the Retail team will be the primary driver of future growth for the company.
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote during COVID.
Here’s What You’ll Accomplish:
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to lead the strategic development and execution of customer retention and acquisition programs based on brand growth strategy and revenue targets; emphasis on delivering strong ROI at key retailers within Mass, Grocery, & Drug
- Design highly efficient campaigns to reach targeted retail audiences with relevant messaging across a variety of channels: on-site search/sponsored products, social, influencer, display, loyalty marketing (email, direct mail), & more
- Connect all available touchpoints across the customer journey at retail with key insights including shopper missions, motivations, and brand/product attributes to help influence behavior and stimulate demand
- Help establish performance marketing benchmarks for the retail channel and oversee program forecasting, reporting, and business analysis; manage through a P&L lens
- Project manage creative development cycles with internal designers and copywriters as well as external partners to test and produce high-performance ads & landing page experiences for each channel
- Conduct in-depth post-program analyses, draw actionable insights from data, and develop hypothesis to improve efficiency of spend
- Gain buy-in on strategic priorities and efforts from key executives and stakeholders
- Manage relationships with external retail partners’ marketing and ecommerce teams, as well as internal teams at Harry’s Inc. including retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, creative, & more
The following should describe you:
- 3 - 5 years experience managing performance marketing/growth campaigns for consumer products; previous experience as a DR marketer a plus (Search, Display, Social)
- Proven ability to define a strategy then lead implementation and execution of tactics to achieve stated results
- Data driven, adept at mining data for hidden insights and exceptionally curious to understand the why behind the what -- ability to tailor programs that connect back to key, strategic insights
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possesses a drive for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and easily adapts to changing priorities
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed in your work with a bias towards action and a willingness to take on tasks no matter how big or small
- A model of collaborative behavior and a strong track record of partnering cross-functionally to deliver best in class performance marketing programs
- Ability to independently prioritize time, staying organized in a fast-paced work environment
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Who you will work with:
- The PMM will work most closely with contacts at key retail partners (Target, Walmart, and Kroger to start) and our retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, acquisition marketing, & creative teams here at Harry’s Inc.
- The PMM will work closely with our best in class Acquisition Marketing, particularly during onboarding, to understand current benchmarks and best practices within the DTC channel
- You'll report to the Director of Omni-Channel Marketing & Insights for Retail
- External vendors and 3rd parties who support various omni-channel marketing tools on as-needed basis
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.