About the team
Harry’s Services Team builds and maintains a suite of solutions that power eCommerce sites for multiple brands in multiple regions. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically and we choose the right solutions for the job.
About the role
As a principal engineer you will be deeply involved with all of our most important projects and hardest problems. From building new systems to evaluating the latest technologies, you’ll identify the right priorities for yourself and the team. You’ll actively show support for the team and cross-functional partners through coaching and mentoring.
What you will accomplish:
- Lead the technology direction of our platform. Design solutions that are performant, reliable, secure, testable, maintainable, cost-effective, and well documented
- Drive engineering best practices around consistency, code quality, testing, documentation, PR reviews, and more.
- Act as a role model and coach for the staff to improve their technical skills, leadership abilities, and business acumen
- Represent the services team on major initiatives within engineering and across multiple business domains.
This should describe you:
- You serve as a true expert with backend systems, microservices, cloud ecosystems, and invest in teaching and sharing that expertise across the organization
- You contribute to a culture of creative problem-solving by role modeling the ability to overcome obstacles, and encouraging teammates who take smart, calculated risks (even if and when they fail); as a result, can point to highly innovative improvements you have pushed forward
- You have a proven ability to provide great, compassionate, actionable feedback in all directions (both positive and constructive)
- You have a proven ability to say "no" and push back on work, for self and on behalf of team's work, in a way that's aligned with priorities and compassionate
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manger, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Engineers, Architects, Product Management, and Executive Leadership
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.