This role will help define the future of the Harry’s brand by shaping our innovation roadmap, always starting with what we can do to improve the lives of our guys. We’re looking for someone with a commercial mind who thrives when thinking about category analysis, product development, portfolio positioning—and how to tap into these levers to build a successful business. In this role, you will be setting category visions, ideating new products, and bringing them to life while collaborating with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and scientists. You will live and breathe our brand, and help translate it so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What you will accomplish
- Lead the Innovation & Insights function for Harrys UK.
- Manage & develop the UK Insights Manager.
- Build a clear 3-5 year new product plans for new and existing categories.
- Efficiently lead new projects through the Gate process, working in partnership with NYC based team and ensuring a smooth transition from concept to launch.
- Work in a deeply cross-functional way, collaborating with key stakeholders to build strong proposals for each Gate.
- Present regularly up to C-Suite & Founder level in New Product Innovation (NPI) and Capital Allocation Meetings.
- Build strong commercially sound business cases including forecast volumes, pricing analysis, product P&Ls etc
- Work closely with and guide the commercial leads to validate the product strategy, ensuring opportunities meet financial objectives
- Partner with Retail, Shopper, Brand & DTC teams on sell-in strategy to secure placement consistent with Harry’s business objectives
- Brief internal Design & Creative teams to build new products and packaging that brings Harry’s distinct POV to life in clear and resonant ways.
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands and businesses vying for our target audience’s mindshare, and keep tabs on the cultural and product trends that are changing behaviors
- Validate the potential of new concepts / packaging / product formats and categories with regular insights work (qual & quant) supported by an Insights Manager.
Who we’re looking for:
- Collaborator: proven ability to work across multiple functions & stakeholders in different Geos.
- Systems Builder: ability to navigate and improve process frameworks, streamlining projects and improving ways of working between the London & NY based teams.
- Analytical & Commercial: margin focussed looking at unit economics and aggregate P&L views, able to build business cases, forecast, interpret sales data etc.
- Strategic Thinker: thinks laterally, monitors trends and competitive activity
- Insights led: has spent time on consumer-facing / insights projects in the past. Knows when and how to engage the consumer. Can take output from insights work and convert it into actionable product proposals.
- Project Manager: collaborative, organized and gets things done.
- Passionate about brand strategy, product development & insights.
- Prior Experience:
- Management Consultant with experience in CPG / consumer-facing / insights based work.
- Innovation lead role in a high growth CPG company with experience of managing insights projects.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.