*the ideal candidate for this role is located in Toronto/Mississauga, Canada*
The Director of Sales for Harry’s Inc, Canada will be the commercial leader for our Retail partnerships across the country and will be tasked with building the Harrys Canada Commercial team in market. This role will lead our omnichannel business plan development with our retail partners with our total solutions-selling approach.
- Our business plan will include expanding our brands to more Canadian retailers, improving our core business proposition, bringing new innovation plans to market with excellence, driving new cross-functional value via co-marketing investments and systemic supply chain improvement, and unlocking new value via growing online results.
- The Canada Director will serve as team leader – Building and leading an efficient team of dedicated Harry’s resources, combined with leading a strategic broker partner and their complete suite of resources that provide advanced capability for category and shopper analytics, systemic supply chain improvement, and highly targeted store operations support.
- Additionally, this role will serve as a primary partner for Harry’s internal strategy and planning development – to include the Head of Sales, Marketing and Brand resources, and Demand Planning resources.
- Through sales fundamentals leadership and execution (distribution, shelf, ISM, price, and marketing), we expect to significantly disrupt the category, broaden our awareness, customer acquisition, and repeat for the overall business (online and in-store).
- This individual needs to embody the vision that customers are the humans who use our products, and that Canada plays a vital role in our strategic global expansion and enabling customer discovery and delight for Harry’s products.
About the Team
The Western Europe and Canada part of the Harry’s Inc organization is our team that manages our business ex-US, that driving the Harry’s and Flamingo brand strategies across several countries including Canada. As a critical part of this organization, the Canada team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harry’s Inc. brand development plans on behalf of our Retail partners in Canada with our internal planning resources. will include defining and delivering budgeted sales revenue, category share growth, gross margin management, and supply chain improvement goals.
- Build out an exceptional team on the ground in Canada to work cross functionally and deliver the Harry’s Inc brands with excellence in execution and disruption to the category.
- Own the relationship and the quality of output with our key agency partners for HQ and Retail execution management.
- Build strong relationships with our retail partners, which includes fostering relationships with Senior-level leadership, driving sales fundamental plans with the merchant leads, and facilitating account penetration for marketing, supply chain and store operations connections.
- Manage and own the Canada Team P&L, including trade investment and overall OpEx considerations.
- Ensure we have robust category-level Joints Business Plans with our Canada Retai Partners, to include corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals.
- Lead the hiring, training and development of top talent for Harry’s Inc – creating a highly collaborative and effective culture that reflects Harry’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper/consumer insights, to position Harry’s as the thought leader in shave and soft product categories in which we compete.
These might describe you
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset and selling capabilities.
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Experienced in building highly effective and engaged team.
- Demonstrated track-record of experience and success in delivering top and bottom line results.
- Experience in CPG marketing or sales leadership is ideal.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments through coordinated in-store and online merchandising and disruption.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
Who you will work with
- Internally: Your primary contact starts with the Head of Sales, Western Europe and Canada. Additionally, you will connect and plan with the Brand GM’s, Demand Planning, Marketing, and Finance.
- Externally: You'll work most closely with key Canada Retail partners with focus on the merchandising teams. You will be the primary lead for Harry’s.
- You'll report to the Head of Sales at Harry’s Inc, Western Europe and Canada
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.