About the Company:
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We launched Flamingo recently, entering the women’s body care space, and have expanded into other areas. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team:
The global demand planning team at Harry’s is responsible for demand forecasting globally and is part of the Global Operations organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will be responsible for forecasting Harry’ North American Retail and Private Label channels. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations and Finance teams and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to and impact on senior-level operations, finance and strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York office, but requires occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in Germany and the UK.
Own the monthly Harry’s forecasting process for Retail and Private Label:
- Be the expert on the drivers behind the Harry’s Retail & Private Label businesses by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather information from stakeholders across the company
- Produce accurate demand forecasts by owning Retail and Private Label operational models
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, FP&A and Distribution teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Develop root cause analysis and forward actions for demand forecasting issues by SKU, category, channel and customer
Manage projects that improve the accuracy and efficiency of our forecasting efforts:
- Prepare various key forecast accuracy reports as well as diagnostic measures to analyze and recommend courses of action for the operational forecast
- Report key performance indicators to the Executive team including a monthly comparison of Actuals against forecasts along with insights and recommendations
Work cross-functionally with different level of the organization in UK, New York and Germany:
- Work closely with the FP&A team on annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue and growth
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy and Operations teams on revenue and margin gap improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product and R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Have significant exposure to the Harry’s senior leadership and act as a thought partner on special projects and key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in Demand Planning, Sales Planning, Supply Chain, or other Business Operations function
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience using demand planning and ERP software a plus
- Ability to manipulate data and insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented and produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus and
results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own and drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions and fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.