This is a full-time Monday-Friday role at headquarters in lower Manhattan.
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role:
NewCo is seeking an ambitious and enthusiastic Customer Experience Associate to represent the brand, advocate for our customers, and deliver exceptional service via email, chat, phone and SMS. As the first Associate on the Customer Experience team, you’ll have first-hand visibility into the early stages of a start-up, the opportunity to help influence our service policies, and the chance to work directly alongside the brand’s Customer Experience Manager to establish and grow the rapport between our brand and our customers. You will serve as a subject matter expert, creatively addressing customer concerns while establishing meaningful connections. You will be part of an empathetic and supportive team, where your front-line work is directly connected to the growth and success of this new brand.
What you will accomplish:
- Handle a diverse and busy queue of contacts each day, toggling between chats, emails, SMS and phone calls with ease
- Appropriately triage contacts based on severity and importance
- Master our order management system to effectively and efficiently maintain customer relationships
- Strategize ways to improve our service, streamline our processes, and better serve our customers
- Engage deeply with our product portfolio, spreading the love of the brand widely
- Identify customer trends in real-time and communicate these trends to the CX Manager
- Become a customer advocate, getting to know each customer and utilizing empathetic language to create a personalized and memorable experience with every interaction
- Work closely alongside Operations, Marketing, and Product to ensure customer feedback is being shared and escalated for product improvements
This should describe you:
- Team Player - you’re an instantaneous rapport builder, with genuine empathy. You respond well to constructive criticism, and you’re also capable of advocating for yourself. No job is too big or too small, and you’re always willing to get involved and help out.
- Discerning - you’re emotionally aware and endlessly patient. You know how to prioritize tasks and time, and you can find customer-first solutions that are both creative and pragmatic. You go above and beyond to generate customer excitement about our brand!
- Diligent - you are focused and organized, a brilliant multitasker with laser focus. You can push through a giant pile of work with poise, and can adequately assist multiple customers simultaneously.
- Clear Communicator - you’re a great listener with amazing reading comprehension and excellent writing skills. You’re warm, patient and personable on the phone.
- Operationally Aware - you can adhere to an ops schedule and clearly communicate any time away
- Innovative - you are excited about joining a brand at inception, you can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you’ll gather data to propose solutions and ideas that improve the experience of the customer as well as the company at large
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll report directly to NewCo’s CX Manager
- You’ll work closely alongside the rest of the NewCo team
- High school diploma or equivalent; undergrad degree preferred but not required
- 1-2 years in customer service or other client-focused roles
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.