What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role
-Open to Full time or Contract-to-Hire-
NewCo’s graphic designer will create effective visual communications that play a major role in defining and growing our brand during launch and for years to come. This is a unique opportunity to be in-house and a part of building a consumer brand from the ground up. You will collaborate with all departments to create exceptional print and digital assets that bring the NewCo brand to life. Additionally, the graphic designer will assist with photoshoot and video shoot production on an as-needed basis.
Who you are:
You are passionate about digital and print design and have superior creative vision to visually define how NewCo is presented to the market. You can work with existing brand assets and design compelling collateral to be used across all channels that is consistent with how NewCo has envisioned our brand’s personality. You are strategically minded and can help evolve NewCo’s brand over time as we continuously grow and learn more about our audience and consumer base. You are excited to join a brand at inception, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment ripe with ambiguity.
What you will accomplish:
- Own the design and creation of NewCo’s visual collateral to be used across digital and printed brand materials including, but not limited to: landing pages, social media, email, display banners, acquisition offers, marketing inserts, presentations and site content
- Resize and manipulate imagery as-needed
- Design and prep artwork for production. Coordinate with service bureaus and external production partners
- Become a visual storyteller and embody NewCo’s brand book through compelling visual designs that help to bring life to the new brand
- Involvement in a variety of cross-functional projects including brand launch and marketing campaigns
- Ensure visual consistency across all projects and visual communication mediums
- Work closely with both internal and external creative stakeholders in a highly collaborative manner
- Provide as-needed support for photoshoots
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication
- 2–4 years of professional graphic design in an agency or in-house design department
- Previous design experience across a range of digital, print, and packaging assets (experience with performance marketing assets a plus)
- Portfolio of design content shown to engage and excite audiences
- High proficiency Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch)
- Clear understanding of UX and UI principles and mobile responsive design
- Highly collaborative, and ability to work well in a cross-functional team developing cohesive content
- Experience working with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to independently prioritize projects
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.