At Harry’s, Inc., we are building a cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. In 2013, we launched Harry’s - a successful men’s grooming and men’s care brand. In 2018, we launched Flamingo - we thought it was time we got some honestly good products for over a million women that were already using our products. We focus on quality craftsmanship, simple design and modern convenience and now we have millions of customers worldwide.
We are now developing brands beyond Harry’s and Flamingo. The technology required to enable our goals is more sophisticated than first meets the eye. If you are a driven, talented engineer and leader, come join us in building the platform that will enable our new vision.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Data Engineering is responsible for leading a team that is responsible for implementing scalable ETL processes and data pipelines to support a variety of business needs, refining the design of our data warehouse and understanding the impact that this can have across the company. You will improve process and collaboration across groups and provide coaching and professional growth to your team. You will report to the Senior Director of Core Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 4-6 data engineers including mentoring, staff evaluation, career growth and hiring
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders on managing the strategic and tactical data initiatives across the organization
- Partner with engineering leadership and architects on architectural alignment
- Evangelize the power and value of data across the organization
- Manage individual projects including driving design and execution
- You will spend approximately 10%-20% of your time hands-on
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience), 8+ years of engineering work experience and have been a people manager for 2+ years
- You have experience with distributed column-oriented data warehouses, streaming technologies and have a sense of how to optimize for these environments
- Familiarity with SQL, Scala, Python and ML workflows
- Experience with Kappa & Lambda architectures
- You are curious about software and how things work, you work to understand technical problems deeply, and you stay current
- You are able to connect technical deliverables with business value
- You are able to productively collaborate with business users, data analysts, and data scientists. You invest in the success of your team, cross-functional partners, and projects
What we use:
- Agile project principals
- AWS (Redshift, EMR, S3, Athena, Kinesis, Lambda )
- DeVops skills: Ansible, Docker
- Working with BI tools, as user or backend (e.g Tableau, Looker)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.