This person will support the creative director, design team and broader marketing team in all day-to-day requests by organising the work flow from briefs, to how projects are assigned, to following up with other departments and finding/managing the right external resources (vendors or freelancers) . They will need to be first and foremost a team player, resourceful and extremely well organized.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong desire to create efficiencies in the work process, champion the role of creative and build relationships with all the Flamingo and Harry’s team so they feel supported. They are motivated by providing support to the team and keeping to work flow efficient and well organised for all channels: - brand (social, influencer, partnerships), paid (digital and offline), advertising (brand campaigns), innovation (new products), retail (Target) and other cross-disciplinary projects.
They enjoy managing schedules and deliverables to ensure all projects have necessary resources to meet Flamingo’s high creative standards, and possess a collaborative and easy going work ethic with the ability to give and take creative feedback and constructive criticism gracefully. They are naturally curious and passionate about the creative process and desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
About the Team
The creative team is responsible for bringing the Flamingo brand to life across all channels (DTC, Target, Marketing, Product Innovation). A project manager is the glue that holds the creative team together. They need to be the ultimate team player: dedicated, hard-working, and able to maintain and share their positive attitude.
They ensure that projects run smoothly and deadlines are met, while making sure all team members have the support they need. The ideal candidate approaches each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail and enthusiasm.
Who is this person? What experience do they have so far?
They should have at least three years experience working with brands or agencies with at least 2 years focused on project managing work. They ideally have experience in both the high- and executional-levels and a proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
What are the ideal attributes?
- Hands-on:Willing to get your hands dirty to complete any task, big or small, glamorous or mundane, to make sure creative projects are completed successfully and on-schedule. Extreme attention to detail.
- Clear communicator: Effectively communicates project goals, constraints, deliverables, and schedules within a cross-functional team. Knows a good brief and able to play back the key elements and push for clarity when needed.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, manage their own schedule, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proactive: Takes initiative to overcome obstacles, see around corners and implement solutions that keep work on track and aligned to briefs.
- Meticulously organized: Everything has a place, and everything is in its place. They have a passion for systems, processes, and tools (and knack for implementing them.)
What they will accomplish:
- Traffic creative projects: Steward and be source-of-truth for all creative-related projects. They will traffic all initiatives from start to finish while keeping abreast of upcoming milestones.
- Own the scope and execution of creative work: Manage the team’s stack by working hand-in-hand with team members and cross-functional leads to scope project tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Represent the creative team: Represent the creative team in all inner-Flamingo and broader cross-functional meetings. They will communicate on behalf of the team and capture notes and output for them.
- Implement tools and process: Define and implement all processes, systems, and tools that our team requires to works cross-functionally. Help define clear roles and decision makers for each project, before work begins.
- Produce in house shoots: Help produce photoshoots within our in house studio. Assist in set design, props, and support creative team to get the shots they need for briefed in work across paid, Target, and brand channels.
- Partner across the PM organization: Step up as the ultimate team player throughout the organization. Positively represent the team with their go-getter attitude, understanding of the business, organized mind, knack for executing, and passion for design. Able to get work done across the broader Harry’s PM organization (R&D, Design, Production, Retail).
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Head of Creative
- Flamingo Creative, Marketing, DTC teams
- Harry’s Retail, R&D, Design and Production teams
We started Flamingo because we thought it was time we got some honestly good products for our body care routines. (And because we're all hairy in places.)
We're the first brand born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc. Since Harry's launched in 2013, over a million women have used and loved the products. To a collective of women on the Harry's team, it became clear that we could create Harry's-quality product designed for the ways women were actually using them — like on their legs, underarms, bikini lines and toes.
We’ve talked to thousands of women to truly understand their hair removal needs. With this knowledge, we’ve designed every single aspect of the experience, from razors to wax kits. Every role at Flamingo is dedicated to making the hair removal process a little more enjoyable.
Flamingo is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.