We’re looking for a highly talented, detail-oriented and analytical individual to join our marketing team in London as an Email Marketing Manager. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Head of Digital Product, working alongside a team of marketers, analysts, developers, designers, and product managers.
About the Role
Email marketing plays a key role in the overall digital experience at Harry’s, an important touch-point with all our online customers and an expression of our brand values. The role of email marketing at Harry’s is to inspire engagement, increase retention, reactivation, and drive new customer acquisition.
As the Email Marketing Manager, you will play an instrumental role setting and optimising the email marketing strategy and roadmap as well as rolling up your sleeves in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimisation of email across the whole customer journey. You will have email KPI ownership and will be a key member of the marketing team, overseeing the strategy, production, delivery, and performance of all email communications including promotional campaigns, lifecycle emails, and winback emails. In addition, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Brand, Advertising, and Product Team to support cross-channel email initiatives. This position requires strong organisational, execution and analytical skills, and extensive knowledge of all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment and deliverability.
- Lifecycle and transactional emails: Leverage first party data, customer insights and email best practices to inform strategic lifecycle email flows across customer segments. Create an enhanced customer experience and achieve commercial goals. Lead ideation through implementation and reporting.
- Support strategic initiatives: Act as a thought partner within Digital Product and Marketing, as well as cross-functionally to maximize our return from key marketing campaigns and omni-channel business initiatives across the year. Identify areas of opportunity and potential risk, communicate and plan accordingly.
- Email production and QA: Manage the development of assets for emails through efficient project coordination, management of an Email Developer and effective cross-functional partnering with other departments to get email designed and approved: Creative, Brand, Legal. Build emails, audiences, and schedule sends in Braze. Setup tests and holdout groups to run A/B tests to answer commercial questions.
- Working cross-functionally to drive email initiatives: Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in the UK and the US involved in the delivery of email, including US-based Data Engineering teams, and input into projects designed to improve our email infrastructure.
- Write briefs and articulate your objectives: Write concise briefs for the development of creative assets and/or tickets for dev work. Communicate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure transparency of email campaigns and adjust as needed based on feedback from stakeholders.
- Analytics & reporting: Craft businesses cases, run post-campaign analysis, synthesise, and communicate findings to senior team and the wider marketing teams. Have a solid understanding of how key metrics are impacted. Build out Dashboards in Looker to easily communicate performance.
The Skills We’re Looking For
- Email Experience: Experience implementing and optimising email across the full lifecycle including, transactional, service and one-off emails. Demonstrated experience creating and managing an annual email calendar and gaining wider stakeholder buy-in. You know the ground rules for operating within the world of email marketing and are excited to have a large impact on the organization. You also have hands-on experience working with an ESP or CRM, ideally Braze.
- Technical: Ability to interpret and modify HTML and CSS. A strong understanding of basic web analytics tools and tracking pixels. Leveraging complex formulas in Excel and Google sheets should be second nature. Ability to communicate directly with analysts and data engineers as well as clearly communicate the outcome.
- Data-Driven/Analytical: High mathematical aptitude, and ability to quickly transform data into insights to report on success and determine next steps. Comfortable with opportunity sizing and forecasting methodology. Experience identifying if results are statistically significant.
- Highly collaborative: Someone who thrives working as part of a team, giving and taking direction and enjoys working with multiple stakeholders to deliver thoughtful and commercial customer experiences. You appreciate that email is a key part of the wider customer journey and that it needs to be thought about holistically.
- Detail and Process Oriented: High attention to detail with ability to track multiple streams of work and conversations. QA email sends to ensure that all emails are error free.
- Great Communicator: Generally keeping everyone up to speed and providing visibility into email plans and sends. Ability to work cross functionally with cross-functional teams to align on plans and briefs.
- Insightful: Considers the customer point of view and uses key consumer insights to inform strategy
Experience and qualifications
- 4+ years of relevant experience executing and managing CRM campaigns, preferably within an direct-to-consumer eCommerce environment
- Experience with Braze (or major ESP/CRM platform)
- Proficient in HTML and CSS --- SQL a plus
- Comfortable with data and performing campaign/cohort analysis - familiarity with Looker a plus
- Analytical thinker with a firm understanding of email testing and optimisation - “statistical significance” is part of your day-to-day vocabulary
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with successful outcomes through leveraging your strong interpersonal skills
- Experience creating and managing an email calendar
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative and the ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized with exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional writing skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A desire to learn new things and pivot to support the business
- A great attitude and sense of humour
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.