We are looking for a seasoned marketer who has a passion for building great brands. This role will help define the future of the Harry’s brand by shaping our innovation roadmap, always starting with what we can do to improve the lives of our guys. We’re looking for someone who thrives when thinking about brands, strategy, storytelling, real people—and how to tap into these levers to create a successful business. In this role, you will be setting category visions, ideating new products, and bringing your ideas to life while collaborating with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and scientists. You will live and breathe our brand, and help translate it so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What you will accomplish
- Define clear category strategies & product launch roadmaps—evolving our meaning in categories where we play today and staking claim in where we could play in the future
- Get close to our consumers, in partnership with our Insights team, to uncover compelling insights with the potential to deepen their connection to our brand
- Develop product concepts that will win the hearts of our guys and differentiate Harry’s in market
- Build strong business cases—forecast volumes, determine pricing, and build the P&L to ensure opportunities meet financial objectives
- Brief Design & Creative teams on insights, positioning, and communication hierarchy to create communication strategies and packaging that brings Harry’s distinct POV to life in clear and resonant ways
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands and businesses vying for our target audience’s mindshare, and keep tabs on the cultural and product trends that are changing behaviors
- Lead cross-functional projects, shepherding projects from conception to launch in close partnership with R&D, supply chain, and sales channel partners
- Partner with retail & DTC teams on sell-in strategy to secure placement consistent with Harry’s business objectives
- Get buy-in for your ideas with leadership and cross-functional teams across the organization, always advocating for what’s best for the brand
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience in brand strategy and/or innovation, with experience in the CPG industry
- You’ve written product concepts before, and you know what makes one great based upon creativity, strategic alignment, and consumer impact
- You bring deep consumer understanding
- You thrive when thinking conceptually and then tying insights and recommendations to tactics
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and are a self-starter who can be nimble on your feet
- You pride yourself in creativity and expansive thinking
- You’re able to distill complex ideas into ones that are simple to navigate and resonate with people in the real world
- You have experience with syndicated retail sales data (e.g., Nielsen or IRI)
- You major, above all, in empathy
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.