The Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for developing the Harry’s retail business in the Health and Beauty Channel. To deliver the strongest of plans will require a collaborative working style that positively engages all of Harry’s internal functions. Working in this role will require a highly skilled influencer that is able to build fully integrated plans with retailers born from consumer insight that deliver category value for retailers and scale for Harry’s . This role calls for an excellent communicator with a proactive work style, attention to detail, a focus on excellence in execution and most importantly of all loves to get stuck in. Investing in strong relationships built on trust and performance will be a key focus for the successful candidate.
About Retail within Harry’s
Since launching in 2013 Harry’s had successfully partnered with ‘Specialty Retail’ as a channel since launch, with partners such as J Crew, Urban Outfitters, Barneys, The Standard Hotel and Soho House.
The multi-channel approach at Harry’s came about following Customer Insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and to then to disrupt the in-store shaving category.
Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 and has been massively successful for Harry’s as a brand and as a business, gaining a 40% share of handles and a 30% (and growing) within replacement blades. This level of success has been unprecedented in US CPG.
Following the mutual success at Target, Harry’s recently launched in Walmart where it has achieved similar results and gained a 40% share and continues to grow.
Harry’s has also moved into new categories with great success and is now present in the Aftershave Balms, Shave Gels & Creams and the Shower Gels category with plans to launch into new categories in 2019.
Seeing this success in the US has made the UK team believe it is a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ we go to mass retail in the UK.
In April this year we kicked off our disruption of the UK retail space with Boots. The results have been phenomenal. In a very short space of the time Harry’s has already gained a 10% share of the Boots blades and razors category and sales continue to go from strength to strength.
About the Team
The Retail team is a newly created function in the UK organization. We are charged with driving the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass and specialty UK retail partners. With a focus on building the best retailer relationships around, the team are responsible for all customer development activities. To bring these activities to life the retail team build and nurture cross functional relationships with our experts in Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Insights. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors, but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of the Harry’s journey.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Invest time to build an understanding of the customer objectives and category KPI’s
- Build fantastic cross functional working relationships across all areas of the Harrys business
- Plan, develop, agree and implement an annual Joint Business Plan with retailers, whilst responding to short term opportunities and the need for contingency plans if required
- Maximize commercial value of consumer insight data from IRI, NPD, and other sources
- Support S&OP through accurately planning and communicating the annual activation and sales plan
- Agree monthly visibility plans with that includes second sites, trade marketing and on-line support
- Agree listings for all Harry’s brand extensions with high levels of off shelf display at launch
- Negotiate Harrys position on all potential margin eroding/enhancing opportunities
- Be the brand guardian ensuring that all activity is in service of the brands objectives and brand values
- Secure more than fair share of off shelf display visibility for Harry’s
- Build contacts with the forecasting & supply chain teams at retailers to ensure delivery of OTIF targets
- Provide quality analysis and input to the Harry’s demand planning and supply chain teams to ensure accurate stock management
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and provide updates to the Retail Director
- Manage Gross to net controls to optimize profitability
- Manage an investment plan to drive consumer awareness and trial whilst maximizing profitability
- Deliver maximum consumer engagement from trade investment
- Accurately prepare financial inputs for controlling to ensure strong account governance
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing something from scratch
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Great Experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom line results in a customer development capacity within an EDLP business
- Extensive knowledge of the Health and Beauty Channel / Retailers and working processes
- Operationally brilliant and driven to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- Being insights driven. Harry’s is a business built on solid consumer insights, so this role will need to give clear direction on insights needs within the retail channel and strategize from the findings.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence the buying teams and senior contacts
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s UK and US teams, and your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify and solve the most important problems
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You have experience of taking a DTC brand to retail
- You have experience working with the UK’s biggest retailers including Tesco, Boots and Amazon amongst others
- You have experience selling into major EU retailers
Who you will work with:
- You'll work broadly across the UK based Harry’s teams, as well as with our UK retailer teams
- Distribution and Supply Chain for operational and fulfillment needs
- R&D for Display Design needs
- Marketing for Insights, Brand Strategy and product and in-store innovation
- Sales and Operational Planning
- You'll report to the UK Retail Director
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.