R&D is looking for a Program Manager to join our team to help create and deliver innovative and performance driven grooming products. As a R&D program manager you’ll lead cross-functional workstreams and teams at all levels through thoughtful planning, execution, and support from concept through launch.
We seek a strong team player who is energized by working in a fast-paced environment and has a demonstrated ability to lead multiple work streams often with competing priorities. R&D program managers should have a desire and aptitude to dive deep into the details of the development process and drive teams to bring amazing products to life. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 20%).
About the Team
The Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of development from ideation through production. The team leads the company’s largest product initiatives through the creation, development, and testing of innovative, high-quality goods that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
What you will accomplish:
- Drive R&D Programs - In partnership with commercial and operations counterparts, lead global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products
- Work directly with product development, marketing, sourcing, operations, quality, finance and sales to plan and execute against the company’s largest product initiatives
- Track deliverables, manage development timelines and facilitate the day-to-day operational aspects of a program
- Work with domestic/international suppliers and contract manufacturers throughout development
- Communicate product development strategy and updates to senior management and the broader Harry’s organization
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support new launches
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years in an analytical, dynamic, or process driven role such as project management, product management or consulting. CPG experience preferred, but not required.
- Proactive self-starter: Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion and operate with limited oversight.
- Strong communicator: Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors. Know-how and confidence presenting to senior leadership in a concise and effective manner.
- Extremely organized: Detail and process oriented with an ability to relentlessly follow up.
- Resilient: A “no task too small” mentality with an eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise. Ability to pivot with the shifting needs of the business
- Creative: Ability to be a thought partner for development teams on new products or processes
- Flexible: Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international
- Humble: A great attitude and sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.