What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role
The Creative Director will be one of the key early-stage members of NewCo and will be responsible for helping to build and establish the brand identity. You will own the brand visual aesthetic and brand voice and ensure consistent end-to-end brand experience across all media. This includes the development of both online and offline marketing assets (e.g., online video, display ads, social media, email, site content, landing pages, packaging, etc.). You will also help drive integrated marketing campaigns that will establish the NewCo brand in market and create relevancy in culture.
This is a unique opportunity to be in-house and build a consumer brand from the ground up - in a highly emotional category that is ripe for consumer and cultural disruption - and to build a creative team from scratch. Since the team will be small initially, you will need to play a hands-on role and should be prepared to join in on creative development as needed.
Who you are:
You are an original thinker and a strong storyteller with a passion for developing creative that disrupts, inspires and resonates deeply. You are adept at taking brand strategy and turning it into creative concepts that will be impactful for consumers. You have a clear vision of how a brand should look and feel and how it should come to life, across all touch points.
Equally important is your ability to build and nurture a creative team and to partner effectively across the organization. You’ll report directly to the CEO of NewCo and collaborate with partners in brand marketing, growth marketing and digital product to build creative assets, content and campaigns.
Since NewCo is a DTC business, it’s essential that you not only have a strong creative vision, but you can balance that with performance and effectiveness. You must thrive in a culture of ambiguity and innovation and be excited by the prospect of building a new brand and a new company, where you can have a big impact but may need to play a wide range of roles.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring the NewCo brand to life by leading and overseeing all creative development (design and copy) for all marketing, promotion, packaging, and web assets across the marketing mix and across multiple mediums.
- Partner with cross-functional departments (Brand, Growth, Product, etc.) to develop creative briefs and deliver campaigns and assets that tell compelling stories and meet business objectives.
- Refine, own and steward the NewCo brand visual identity and voice, including the brand book and style guide, across all consumer facing touch points (web, social, product and packaging experience, etc.).
- Lead and direct all photography, videography, and voice production.
- Build, lead and actively mentor a powerhouse internal creative team, including designers and copywriters, while also leveraging/leading external agencies as needed.
- Successfully guide the creative process and the creative team’s work from start to finish by managing project flow and prioritization.
- Be a champion for great creative work - and continually push to improve it even more. NewCo is disrupting and innovating a long-established category - and our creative should too.
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your creative vision and aesthetic and your ability to elevate a brand across a wide range of platforms.
- 10+ years of experience in brand creative direction (including 5+ years in a creative leadership role), with an emphasis in art direction and design, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Experience overseeing creative for eCommerce (including UX/UI design and knowledge of mobile responsive design) and digital performance marketing channels preferred.
- Strong experience directly managing and developing a team of designers and copywriters, with the ability to not only lead, but to also coach and inspire.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to partner with multiple departments and teams, especially Brand and Growth teams.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages (e.g., Adobe Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch).
- Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration is essential and initiatives/priorities can change frequently.
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.