What will this person do at Harry’s?
Learning and Development has long been a priority at Harry’s, but L&D as a formal function is relatively new -- we officially launched our L&D department in October of 2018, which means that this L&D Manager will be our second hire into the group and a key partner to the Sr. Manager of L&D to support all aspects of our learning and development program.
This person will support all L&D processes and programs, with a focus on onboarding, key trainings (including Manager and Leadership Training), and processes and programs ranging from performance reviews and calibration sessions to our reimbursement for learning and internal catalogue of leader-led courses.
As an L&D Manager, this person will wear several hats:
- Lead trainings and facilitate workshops
- Manage key programs and processes (like our $1,000 reimbursement for learning)
- Curate and share resources with the global team (from our bi-monthly newsletters to an archive of interesting trainings, courses, articles, and events)
- Support in the design and administration of curricula
- Suggest creative ways to evolve and improve all of our L&D programs, in terms of both process / efficiency and our team-facing experiences
Required skills and experiences:
- Strong facilitation skills, and proven experience leading workshops / offsites / meetings and / or trainings
- Strong Powerpoint skills, and proven experience designing presentations / trainings that engage the audience and communicate information effectively
- A creative thinker who loves learning
- Experience building and evolving processes, and then managing those processes day-to-day
- Highly detail-oriented project manager
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- “No task is too big no task is too small” attitude
- A sense of humor, and proven ability to laugh at team’s bad jokes
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.