The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Product Designer to join us in our London office to help drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences for guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Digital Product Design at Harry’s
You’ll work side-by-side with engineers, product managers, marketers, and researchers to turn the ideas we co-create into beautiful, thoughtful web experiences that resonate with our customers. You’ll drive white-boarding sessions, prototype detailed stories, and create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together. We’ll launch, measure, and iterate experiences until we find the right answer for our customers. And you’ll structure, manage, and create these experiences using atomic design methods and systems that will clearly communicate your component-based designs to engineering. Let’s do this!
At Harry's UK, we're small but incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans for the future. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and hyper-growth - along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established global business. We live and breathe our values, and we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our London office is located in the heart of Covent Garden and yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks and as many free shaving products as you require! And don’t worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
To you, there's nothing more addictive than making things that matter and showing them to people. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable and functional product designs, and represent the users every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you’re building. You know that authenticity, clarity, and transparency are the keystones of successful modern brands, and you’re excited by the prospect of building one. Thinking information architecture, hierarchy, user flows and UI patterns are second nature to you. You understand why you designed something, and can advocate for that in a team environment while collaborating with product managers and engineers. You’re naturally curious and enjoy taking an interest in things outside of design, using that knowledge to further your own work and build your perspectives.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, product and/or agencies to define requirements, synthesize ideas, and validate designs through user testing.
- Design experiences methodically and systematically, always improving and curating our design system with an eye towards reuse and scale.
- Make research-backed decisions which guide product strategy from our customer’s perspective while keeping business goals and technical constraints in mind.
- Create designs and systems using Figma or Sketch, prototype ideas in tools like Framer X or Invision, and build beautiful micro-interactions and animations in Haiku or Framer.
- Be our UX and digital design thought leader by staying up to date with trends and best practices, and surprise us with your insights and contributions.
- Build strong bonds with software engineers and co-develop strategies for optimally communicating designs using modern design system methodologies.
- Execute stupendous visual and interaction designs that scale across devices and contexts across the full digital experience
- Collaborate in building a culture of design thinking and innovation across the team.
This describes you:
- 6+ years of experience designing responsive web experiences, many of which focus on commerce.
- A deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience, and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise, and it shows instantly.
- Interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- Your portfolio shows a range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, and design process.
- Experience and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment working to deadlines and re-prioritizing as required.
- Can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
- You’ve developed detailed design systems for organizing and managing your projects, and can describe how they work in detail.
- Your work shows how you embrace atomic design principles.
- You’re always thinking of ways an a/b test could improve your design’s conversion rate, and you’re skilled at interpreting test data to consistently improve it.
- Experience in using Sketch and standard design and prototyping tools (Figma and Framer X are a big plus).
- You have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things, and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- Your work clearly shows how you’ve leveraged symbol, component, or pattern libraries to bring efficiency to your workflow.
Bonus points if you have:
- A love for Jira and have figured out how to use it best for agile / lean design processes.
- A passion for creating things using the Framer X API sandbox.
- General technical fluency.
- Experience designing native mobile commerce apps.
- A sense of humor (Oops..this is a requirement, now that we think about it)
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribbble, etc. in your application. Applicants who do not include these examples in their application will not be considered.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.