We’re looking for a highly talented and detail oriented individual to join our marketing team in New York as a Senior Associate, Email Marketing . This is a full-time position, reporting to the Sr. Email Marketing Manager, working alongside a team of marketers, analysts, developers, designers, and product managers.
About the Role
Email marketing efforts at Harry’s are designed to inspire engagement, increase retention and reactivation, and drive new customer acquisition. As the Email Marketing Senior Associate in charge of Lifecycle and Transactional email, you will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of Harry’s email marketing campaigns for customer retention and acquisition. This role requires a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of email marketing including ESP infrastructure, campaign building, email design, deployment, and deliverability. Analytical acumen, project management skills, and a desire to quickly test and learn are critical to successfully drive the email program forward.
- Continuously test and improve our customer email journey to drive meaningful value for our customers and help achieve business goals: Leverage customer insights, internal data, and learnings from other companies, to inform strategic lifecycle email flows across customer segments. Strive to increase revenue per active customer and mitigate churn. Lead ideation, implementation, and reporting.
- Working cross-functionally to drive retention-related initiatives: Ability to be clear and concise with the objective that we are trying to achieve. Hold brainstorming sessions to understand how retention-related initiatives can span beyond email to other functions (web, acquisition, CX). Project managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Lead and support strategic initiatives: Create a roadmap for lifecycle and transactional email that maps to the larger Direct-to-Consumer roadmap and work with cross-functional partners to inform timelines for required components (creative, emails, attributes) to work towards on-time delivery
- Email production: Coordinate development of assets for emails. Work with analytics, data eng, and web product to ensure we have the data infrastructure to support new emails. Build emails, audiences, and schedule sends in Braze. Setup tests and holdout groups to inform future direction.
- Analytics & reporting: Define the performance metrics for lifecycle emails that we should track, and work with analytics to create the proper reports. Run email and cohort analysis, synthesize, and communicate findings. Have a solid understanding of how key metrics are impacted. Monitor operations and performance of our Lifecycle and Transactional emails to ensure that they are within expectations (sends, opens, clicks, etc.). Provide visibility into the status and performance of tactics to large initiatives on a regular cadence.
- Documentation: Own and maintain documentation of Lifecycle and Transactional email. Create a process that is sustainable to upkeep and easily shareable.
The Skills We’re Looking For
- A Doer: Someone who enjoys taking the lead on initiatives to generate positive results quickly. Aligns on strategy then moves forward onto execution.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Always looking to take our email journey to the next level - not satisfied with the status quo.
- Data-Driven/Analytical Critical Thinker: High mathematical aptitude, and ability to quickly transform data into insights to report on success and determine next steps. Comfortable with opportunity sizing and forecasting methodology. Experience identifying if results are statistically significant.
- Process Oriented: High attention to detail with the ability to track multiple streams of work. Use cross-functional inputs to create realistic timelines.
- Email Experience: Experience implementing Lifecycle and Transactional emails. You know the ground rules for operating within the world of Email Marketing and are excited to have a large impact on the organization. You also have hands-on experience working with an ESP or CRM, ideally Braze.
- Technical: Ability to interpret and modify HTML and CSS. A strong understanding of basic web analytics tools and tracking pixels. Leveraging complex formulas in Excel and Google sheets should be second nature. Ability to communicate directly with analysts and data engineers as well as clearly communicate the outcome.
- Great Communicator: Generally keeping everyone up to speed and providing visibility into email tactics, timelines, and project status. Sets proper expectations for work.
- Insightful: Considers the customer point of view and uses key consumer insights and customer data to inform strategy
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience in a fast paced corporate office setting
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Business, or a related field
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with successful outcomes at a customer-centric company
- Comfortable with data and performing campaign/cohort analysis - familiarity with Looker a plus
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Proven track record of success working autonomously in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high-level of communication
- Highly organized with exceptional project management skills
- Strong writing skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A desire to learn new things and pivot to support the business
- A great attitude and sense of humor
Here's who you'll work with:
- Part of the Direct-to-Consumer Team (Email, Acquisition, Web product, Design)
- Reporting to Email Marketing Senior Manager
- Work with cross-functionally with: Analytics, Engineering, Creative, Web Product, Marketing, and CX
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.