The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Senior Product Designer to join us in our SOHO, Manhattan office to help drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences for guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
The Digital Product Design Team @ Harry’s
The Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build personalized, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone in on customer needs and ideate the best experiences to serve them. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable and functional product designs, you represent the users in every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you’re building. Thinking information architecture, hierarchy, user flows and UI patterns are second nature to you. You understand why you designed something, and you can advocate for that in our team environment while collaborating with product managers and engineers. You thrive in entrepreneurial and nimble environments. You eat, sleep, and breathe digital media, web cutting edge, best practices, and user behaviors.
- Understand and hone in on user needs, and leverage this understanding to help ideate and define product requirements by collaborating with product and design peers, leveraging low-fi sketches, wire-frames, and prototypes to inform the ideation process.
- Conceptualize usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Work within cross-functional teams, partnering closely with product managers and engineering to define requirements, synthesize ideas and validate designs through user testing.
- Communicate proactively, and collaborate with partner teams to get input on designs and adapt and iterate as needed.
- Have a data-driven mindset. You’ll tie your design decisions back to your research and guide the product strategy from the user’s perspective while keeping business goals and engineering constraints top of mind.
- Be a UX thought leader in our organization, keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX processes.
- Work with creative designers to ensure the integrity of the brand in the final product.
- Juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Become a subject matter expert on Harry’s surfaces.
This describes you:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer, UX designer, or a similar role, building digital products with increasing responsibility.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- Ability to build user interfaces from scratch that can scale across devices and platforms with comfort.
- Experience in web and/or app development.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn high-level ideas and vision into a strong and unique UX and creative solutions, with specific examples of user flows, wire-frames and documentation demonstrating your design thinking and ability to tell a user story.
- Expertise in using Sketch and standard design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration and influencing product, engineering, and marketing teams, with ability to synthesize feedback and input from peers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and cost/benefit trade-offs of different design solutions.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience designing for e-commerce.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams.
- Experience with Agile development process, usability research and testing.
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.