Using their experience in testing, measurement and metrology, the Senior Technician will support all R&D activities by owning measurement, testing and data collection. This will be a hands-on role that will have significant interaction with the Advanced Technology staff, Product Design engineers, the Quality Engineering and Metrology teams as well as our internal and external manufacturing sites. The ideal candidate will have 4+years’ experience measuring, testing and assembling precision plastic and steel parts. Candidates are expected to have experience using micrometers, calipers, vision-based metrology devices, force measurement systems and data collection devices. Successful candidates are fast learners and self-motivated, independent workers. They have the ability to work in an R&D environment measuring, characterizing and developing new products and production processes. The role will sit on the Advanced Technologies Team.
About the Team
The Global R&D Team at Harry’s Inc. – the combined Harry's and Feintechnik business – works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing both the Harry’s direct-to-consumer and wholesale business as well as strategic private label and store brand businesses in Europe and North America.
What you will do:
- Working under the direction of the R&D staff, test, measure, characterize and evaluate prototype components.
- Assist the senior engineers in developing test methods and procedures in a lab environment
- Work with the R&D team to assemble, measure and characterize test products
- Assist leadership teams with lab operations and planning
- Test and evaluate products using standard and custom instrumentation
This should describe you:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in metrology, measurement systems, prototyping and model shop activities
- High school education or equivalent, associates degree in a Technical field preferred
- Associates degree may substitute 2yrs of experience
- Experience and ability working around complex and sensitive instrumentation
- Proven experience with general testing and engineering support for new products and prototyping
- Ability to read and work from technical drawings and instructions
- Ability to own and execute work independently
- Proficient computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Detail-oriented approach to work – strives for accuracy
- Strong communicator
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Bob McCormack
- Working in which team – Advanced Technologies Team
- Which teams would they work with cross-functionally - R&D, Quality, Sensory
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.