Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Team at Harry’s is responsible for developing and launching all new products in the men’s grooming category (razor handles, cartridges, and accessories). As Harry’s continues to grow, the team will be the primary driver of innovation to support a challenging and fast-paced product road map driven by category, retail and geography expansion.
About the Role
As a Program Manager on the R&D team, you will be responsible for driving development from concept to customer-ready of the next generation of our core shaving products, technologies and new product lines. You will lead a global, cross-functional team, engaging at the most senior levels of our organization. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 40%).
- Lead New Product / Category Launches:
- Scope new product opportunities and build / align on timelines and development plans cross-functionally
- Drive development strategy and communicate updates to cross-functional teams and senior management, while keeping projects on track - balance “on the ground” execution with strategy-related responsibilities
- Track projects and manage cross-functional project teams (including R&D, supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales and marketing) throughout the end-to-end development process, and ensure on time delivery of high-quality products at scale
- Manage and challenge technical teams (product design engineering, quality, manufacturing) and suppliers through design, prototyping, and development of innovative new products
- Spearhead New Technology Exploration: Drive cross-functional initiatives to define next generation technologies for our core intellectual property across all product categories
- Develop Product Expertise: Own category and develop deep technical knowledge on shaving (and new categories)
The following should describe you:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or comparable technical disciplines) with direct engineering experience and 3-6 years as a product manager or in operations
- Direct experience with high volume consumer goods (plastics and metals preferred)
- Experience running projects through a full development cycle (white space, design, prototyping, testing, validation, infrastructure development, ramp-up, etc.)
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities quickly
- Prior experience with high travel and managing a global supplier base for development and testing
- Know-how and comfort presenting to senior leadership in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- An eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise
- A great attitude and sense of humor
- Proficiency in German and/or Mandarin a plus
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.