About the team
The Harry’s Marketing team comprises an Innovation team (focused on men’s care categories beyond shave), an Insights team, an in-house Creative team, a PR, Social & Partnerships team and a Brand Marketing team (focused on our core shave business), this role sits within the latter. The Harry’s Marketing team also works closely with Shopper Marketing (which reports in to the retail sales team) and the acquisition and email marketing teams (which report in to the direct-to-consumer team that drives sales for H’.com).
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. The person in the role drives the creation of the shave business and plan, forming the growth strategy, the sources of growth and the accompanying projects to meet those plans. We’re looking for someone who loves understanding business drivers, working with people from different teams across the organization, and mobilizing an organization to execute growth. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands & businesses that are vying for our target consumers’ mindshare and wallet—in the shaving aisle, men’s care category, and out in the world at large
- Be the internal expert on guys, masculinity broadly, and male brands
- Be on the look-out for what’s new—and analyze opportunities and threats we may encounter
Day to day Brand Management
- Input in to forecasting of existing products and lead forecasting for new commercial product offerings with sales channels and Sales Operations to ensure accurate forecasting methodology, sales targets and key forecasting dates are met.
- Manage SKU assortment for shave products (evergreen SKUs, giftsets, holiday, sampling etc) and discontinuation plans
- Ensures proper collection and monitoring of data to assess ongoing performance and KPI tracking
Growth Strategy & Planning
- Understand the external environment (competitive and market) and identify new sources of opportunity
- Work with the H’.com team and the retail shopper marketing team to understand the channel needs, their key milestones and what it will take for all marketing projects to be ROI+ for our sales channel partners.
- Anticipate future trends to engage and delight consumers
- Seek understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors
- Interrogate data to identify core business levers
- Balance facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our direct to consumer and retail businesses
- Leverage financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
- Deploy discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Measure financial and equity impact of plans
- Persuade and inspire others (creative team, internal cross functional partners) to create belief
- Represent what’s best for the brand across conversations with competing needs (be it within marketing, or across functional groups internally)
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness, build H’ to be a brand that matters
- Understand other team's needs and interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate.
- To be old school about it, we need someone to nurture commercial solutions for the consumer across all P’s – product innovation within our existing categories, package innovation, price strategy and promotional efforts.
- Lead the planning, organizing, and management of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, risk/issues reports to Brand Director.
- Support the Brand Director in defining Harry’s brand narrative, lead the development of brand communication calendar so we know the arc of the 12-18 months ahead and what steps we'll take with comms along the way.
- Develop resonant, relevant and meaningful briefs that can excite and energize the creative team.
- Manage a connection agency to ensure optimal impact is achieved in market.
- Nurture a high quality relationship with in-house creative to provide them with guidance, partnership and inspiration.
- Analyze post-campaign performance and assesses learnings to report ROI and direct future campaign planning
This should describe you:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points and insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually and then tying insights and recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity and expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, and logic that make the complex easy to navigate and understand
- You love thinking about what’s best for real world people—but similarly what can propel a brand and a business forward
- You have a passion for understanding business drivers and executing against them
- You are a feeler, and can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize and synthesize complex inputs
- You get energized by working with people of all different expertise
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major in empathy
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.