We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will support the global inventory planning team as a senior category inventory planner. Initial focus of the role will be to configure the inventory planning system (MRP) and see through its implementation and usage in everyday planning by the S&OP team and other cross-functional partners. This person should optimize the planning system based on his/her SKU level planning experience and champion its acceptance, updates / modifications, and application through skilled project leadership.
After initial system integration, this senior planner will oversee everyday category inventory planning, managing end-to-end supply flow, including, but not limited to, analyzing initial needs based on demand, utilizing MRP, scenario planning, component planning, capacity planning, understanding purchase order pipeline, and reconciling and tracking deliveries as needed. This role will report to the Global Head of Supply and Inventory Planning. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations, Finance, and IT teams, and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. The role is based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues and external partners around the globe.
About the team:
The Global Sales & Operations Planning (“S&OP”) team at Harry’s is responsible for supply and demand planning globally and is part of the Global Operations organization. The team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Inventory planning system implementation
- Understand SKU-level planning needs to configure the MRP system needs appropriately
- Gain alignment from planning teams and other impacted cross-functional partners on the system’s operational structure
- Responsible for spearheading enhancement or adjustment needs post implementation
- Document system needs, inputs, and outputs to create and update the operating handbook, best practices guidelines, and FAQs for all team members
- End-to-end supply planning
- Inventory planning
- Global inventory strategy execution
- Excess and obsolete inventory recognition:
- Process implementation
- Help to build organizational capability to support an evolution to a consumption driven supply chain and be able to transition from monthly to weekly to daily planning in keeping with the organization's strategic road map
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
This should describe you:
- Minimum Bachelors degree required, with 5-7 years experience in an analytical environment
- Strong communication skills, especially in keeping relevant parties informed of changes, and understanding the cross-functional implications
- Proven project leadership skills through a new software system implementation, whether as a SME (subject matter expert) role or as a project overseer
- Problem-solver mentality—is curious, asks questions, and able to identify issues/challenges and utilize partner resources to try to solve for it or elevate as needed
- Proactive and forward-looking mindset over reactive
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, modelling capabilities a plus!
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director of Supply and Inventory Planning
- Work on the Sales & Operations Planning team
- Work cross-functionally with demand planning, sourcing and distribution/logistics operational partners, finance and accounting teams
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.