Harry’s launched in 2013 with the aspiration to disrupt the men’s grooming market. We built a brand and products out of respect for quality craftsmanship and simple design and were able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated -- manufacturing our own products and selling directly to customers.
Today, we have over 3 million online customers across the US and UK and significant retail presence at Target, Walmart and Costco. We are expanding our product offering beyond shaving, most recently launching a body wash and bar soap line and we are out building out our business internationally.
But our ambition doesn’t stop there. Our vision is to build the next generation CPG company, investing in, building, and owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories within CPG. After raising $112M in our most recent round of funding, we plan to leverage our platform and capabilities, and partner with exceptional entrepreneurs and executives to fuel the launch and/or growth of new, disruptive CPG brands. We’ve established an organization called Harry’s Ventures that will drive our investment strategy and decisions on these new opportunities. This is where you come in.
About the Role
As a Senior Associate on the Harry’s Ventures team, you will work collaboratively with the Ventures team to identify, evaluate and pursue exciting consumer, market and product investment opportunities. Our goal is to launch or acquire 2-3 highly disruptive CPG brands each year based on the investment ideas you will help identify and validate. Beyond the opportunity to work with great people, this role provides a unique opportunity to work from the ground up to build an investment business at Harry’s Inc including working with senior leadership to define investment philosophy, strategy and process. As a member of the Ventures team, you will help drive commercial and financial diligence, execute on new investment opportunities, and drive the discovery and launch phases of innovative new brands and products. You will work alongside experienced investors, entrepreneurs and executives to define the Ventures mandate and to fund and launch new CPG brands powered by the experience and resources of Harry’s Inc.
What You Will Accomplish
- Identify and diligence consumer, market and product investment opportunities in the CPG space via primary and secondary research. Drive investment recommendations by synthesizing large pools of data and developing a point of view on trends, dynamics and investment opportunities in high priority market segments
- Support Ventures investment diligence and evaluation, including valuing acquisition opportunities, structuring transactions, and building robust financial models to assess potential investment returns
- Help build out the Harry’s Ventures investment process and parameters, working closely with senior team member to define investment philosophy, strategy and process
- Build new brand financial model and investment returns analysis, including inputs such as customer acquisition, CPA, LTVs, retention, pricing and costs. Validate key model assumptions via primary and secondary research, including smartly leveraging cross-functional expertise across Harry’s organization
- Develop presentations for Harry’s leadership team to review and assess investment opportunities
- Partner with market/brand Ventures team members to develop and test new brand and product concepts
- Successfully work in parallel across multiple work streams
- Report to the VP of Harry’s Ventures and work closely with other members of the Ventures team
This Should Describe You
- 2-4 years experience at a top management consulting, private equity, or venture capital firm working with consumer businesses
- Experience conducting primary and secondary consumer research, e.g., analyzing syndicated market data, writing consumer surveys and rapidly synthesizing survey data into insightful learnings, etc.
- Able to adeptly design and build assumptions based financial models. Understands and can build out excel-based model and sensitize around key assumptions.
- Thrive in fast-paced, often changing environment with ability to conduct both bottoms-up and top-down analysis. Excited to get into the weeds about how to build a brand well as how to understand macro category and channel trends
- Highly analytical: Able to collect and analyze large sets of data and synthesize into themes, insights, and “so what’s”. You can handle ambiguity and can extrapolate and synthesize your way to insightful recommendations even when data is far from perfect
- Extremely Reliable: Is someone who you can always count on to be 100% reliable. They always go above and beyond your expectations and deliver error free work in a timely fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills: Can represent themselves as a subject matter expert in their areas of focus. Would be comfortable presenting to a senior audience.
- Lifelong Learner: Loves to learn, asks insightful questions, interested in learning about new categories and new businesses
- Thoughtful and Direct: Is known for delivering incredibly helpful, actionable, and specific feedback -- both positive and constructive
- Self-Starter: Is always the first person to offer help when something isn’t getting done or a teammate is struggling. No task is too small and their sleeves are rolled up at all times.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the VP, Harry’s Ventures
- You will work on the Harry’s Ventures team, a small team that will drive Harry’s new brand investment strategy by identifying market opportunities and investing in leading next generation CPG brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.