About the Team
The Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build powerful, direct-to-consumer (DTC) experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high-performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
About the Role
They will tell stories with words, a process most commonly known as writing.
The copywriter’s job is to create and edit industry-leading copy and content across the Harry’s DTC channel, from taglines and headlines to web to social posts. They’ll pair with design to support the broader growth marketing team in all day-to-day copy requests. They approach each task, small or large, with the same attention to detail.
The copywriter will be motivated by developing copy that communicates Harry’s key value propositions and that drives effective business results as measured by the growth marketing team. They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harry’s high creative standards, and possess a collaborative and easy going work ethic with the ability to give and take creative feedback and constructive criticism gracefully. They are naturally curious and passionate about the brand and storytelling journey and desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
What you will accomplish:
- Digital Advertising: Develop advertising copy for digital marketing channels like Facebook, Instagram, web display, Gmail and promoted content channels supporting multiple ad formats including static banners, animated banners, short video clips, recorded video interviews, article teasers, dynamic product ads, emails and carousel ads.
- Print Advertising: Develop advertising copy for print-ready ads for offline marketing channels including direct mail, magazine ads, flyer inserts, and newspaper ads, supporting multiple ad formats including postcards, tri-fold cards, letters, mini-catalogs, and door hangers.
- Landing Pages: Write compelling copy for landing pages, including short stories, that ties directly to digital and print advertisements so that customer who see our advertisements and then come to Harrys.com have a seamless and elevated experience.
- Web & Email: Write copy for digital product surfaces including website pages and lifecycle emails.
This should describe you:
- 1+ years experience writing copy in an e-commerce or advertising setting
- Impeccable and multifaceted copywriting, copy editing and proofing talents
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- A passion for design, typography, creative and brand thinking
- Comfortable having work evaluated based on strict performance metrics
- Insightful, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail
- Empathy for the customer and their interaction with the brand in advertising
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to create original work
- Strong project management skills; experience working cross functionally with creative and marketing teams a plus
- Organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Digital Product Design
- The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team
- The greater Harry’s marketing org & creative team
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.